Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
by the way...it's Kra-z-K, Krazy K, KZK, Krazy, or K
but we don't use Kra...
wink (joking)
LOLL burp.

Last edited by Kra-Z-K; 01/04/08 12:07 AM.
C
C
We have used Universal Medical Services insurance, Belize City. called CHAPS, its $30US a month and pays 80% of services and meds. We have been very happy with the services and doctors, We have had Colonoscopys done at $40, mamagragm, $11, abdominal ultrasound at $15, lots of lab work, Xrays etc. we have been impressed with the modern equipment also. We have joined with a group of people and do get a lower rate as a group.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #261651 01/04/08 05:32 PM
I can't wait to meet you one day soon Cooper.

Cooper #261730 01/05/08 01:13 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Can I get some contact info for more details about "CHAPS" from you Cooper? Might be just the ticket!

Cooper

Chaps sounds like an interesting option. How many people do you need for a group rate?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

D
OP Offline
D
I believe she has a group together already, that one can sign on to, and this is why I'm eager to hear back from Cooper too. There's strength in numbers!

Amedex is not sold exclusively to Americans. It is a US based company, but does not restrict coverage to Americans. Give it a try. It's excellent coverage.

Universal Health Services was - and hopefully will remain - a good hospital and care facility. The medical plan they offer applies to the UHS faclity only. It's a great program but it is no subsitute for a comprehensive international medical insurance policy.

There are limits to the types of treatments offered in Belize, and the some of the serious stuff you just cannot get treated here. The major medical items are what cost the most and what you really need the "major medical" policies for.

Amedex offers things like air-ambulance (jet to miami) coverage, you can get a hip replaced, a by-pass, chemo, etc covered by this policy. It costs much more, but IMHO if you can afford it, it's well worth the money.

PS - I'm a satisfied customer of both UHS and of Amedex - I see them as excelent and complimentary parts of a comprehensive health care plan.

D
OP Offline
D
I'd be pleased to look into Amedex, Diane, but I'm still seeking contact info for UHS. My friend's on a budget, but every lead is worth a look. Thanks for your feedback.

D
OP Offline
D
I have determined from a search that Amedex is also, or now called Bupa. My friend is already awaiting information from them. The first reply I got described this other one as universal medical services (CHAPS), while you call it universal health services. I wonder if it's the same thing, but either way, I still look forward to contact info. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.