Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I work for a Travel Insurance company and you can purchase travel medical insurance up until the time you cross the border, or hop on that plane. You can purchase Trip Cancellation/Interruption whenever,however you cannot make a claim within 48-72 hours of purchasing. Since you know your Dad is sick, and you have intensions that he may claim, they will not allow him to to purchase. You can purchase your medical insurance with Global Medical Management because there is no cancer question, therefore your dad can get coverage. Hope this helps.

Lakegirl, do u live in Canada?

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination....live & enjoy every moment....

~*~Ania~*~
just curious: i see she only says "travel insurance". where do you get that she need travel MEDICAL ins?

i get trip insurance every time - ya never know. i needed to use it once, and the policy paid for itself 10 fold.

this all is good information to know, though. thanks, knowledgeable folks!

Sweetjane, Travel Insurance is the same thing as Travel Medical Insurance. It's insuring you incase u get sick while your on your trip and need to see a doctor. Regardless if u have pre-existing conditions or are healthy, everyone should get travel medical insurance when they are traveling. Last time I was there my friend got worms and needed to see a doctor on the island, thank goodness she had insurance.

~*~Ania~*~
Some of the insurance companies will allow for pre existing conditions with certain policies. I think CSA is one of them. These are the ones I usually refer my clients to: www.csatravelprotection.com, www.accessamerica.com or www.travelsafe.com and that insuremytrip.com is a good site to check out for comparisons. Worth the initial outlay if you have any inkling you may need it.

I have a yearly travel medical plan with RBC. Apparently, this is a great plan and really delivers if there are problems. They'll even send someone to help you evacuate back to home, if need be. All this costs me around $121 per year, a significant savings over buying it each time I travel.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Yes, annual plans are a great savings!

~*~Ania~*~
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

Thanks SO much for all of your responses it was very helpful!

I may have worded my post wrong but my dad is not coming with us so I was really worried about our costs.

After some investigation it will be possible to change our tickets to a different date (within 1 year) for a small fee. I also spoke with Exotic Caye and they will put our deposit towards our next stay if need be (great people!). Also I can cancel our flight with Tropic and get a full refund if done within 24 hours of our flight, so it seems that the only deposit we may lose is for our golf cart.

After looking at the cost of travel insurance it could cost more to purchase that than to lose the golf cart deposit!!!

If I am wrong about any of this let me know!!!

Hoping nothing happens before out trip and right now dad is doing ok!

Thanks again everyone, this board is the best!!!!

Christie

PS Stephania, we are in Michigan
Capt Jeff, as always you are the best!

Good to hear things worked out for you Christie. Thought if you were in Canada there would be something further I could do for you with the Travel Insurance. Have a good one:)

~*~Ania~*~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.