Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I hope that we are not the only people who care about this sad turn of events.

I can truly say that we would give up Belize and go in search of an island that is not as developed, although thru all of our travels we have never met nicer people anywhere than AC.

I hope the goverment opens their eyes and does something about this.

P
P
And remember it is close to a major Maya site, Marco Gonzales

Art Deco? This is wrong on so many levels. Beyond the environmental bomb shell, this place looks like its designed by some high school architect class drop-out with a cheap computer-aided design program. Im still not convinced that this isnt some kind of joke or scam.
Anybody with some real money to invest would know how to do this right... and this isnt even close.

*bump*

All the change will bring an economic windfall for Belmopan and this is all they see. Regardless of the wishful thinking, the vast majority of tourists will not boycott anything -- and that's a shame.

Change is the only constant, and this open letter does a good job of outlining the need for orderly and planned change. Tourists like most visitors to this site are sickened by this unorganized and chaotic approach to development.

It will ultimately drive folks like me away. It is my sincere wish that the economic benefit for all Belizeans outweighs the environmental and cultural costs.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Well said, Otter. Although we love the island and it's people, we also love the peace and quiet and the innocence of the island. When that goes, so do we.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
well, whoever stated that we come for the natural beauty and abundant wildlife was right on.

i've been thinking that if this is the reaction to visitors coming, once this fiasco is up (and the bird and southern cayes are stripped of their vegetation, and the wildlife diminishes), i will no longer come.

personally, after 15 years of visiting AC (and dropping lotsa tourist $$), i'll move on to the next peaceful, undeveloped destination. i can't watch the ignorance of something willing to voluntarily destroy itself.

I agree, sweetjane. We spend lots of money every time we visit, we own a couple of places there, and we will sell the whole lot and move to a less abused island. As much as we love San Pedro, there are other places that reflect the lifestyle we love as well, so we will look to them to spend our tourist dollars.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Feb. 7th would be a good time to sweep out all the government and start with all new political leaders, not that they are better just fresh and a new chance at more aware leaders.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
If people want Miami go to Miami. Why do they (developers) need to build a smaller version here.

The could have at least done a better design for the project and factored in local architecture style and come in thinking about the environment as well in regards to building.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.