Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Hon #269337 02/26/08 05:15 PM
L
L
prayers to you Denny and family. Hang in there big guy....

Luvinlife #269344 02/26/08 05:45 PM
Hugs to Denny and family.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Nova #269368 02/26/08 09:29 PM
Our prayers are with you, Denny!!!

Rykat #269443 02/27/08 05:28 PM
Once again, So sad to here this. Be strong Denny, Prayers to you and your family.

Does anyone have the latest on Denny - where he is and how he's doing?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
JoanneG #281861 05/29/08 01:58 AM
M
M
Joanne: This is Michael Manning in Arizona. Denny and I are good friends and we had planned to meet in Houston just before the trip to Belize came up. I re-ran our Interview on my BLOG page and would appreciate an e-mail where he can receive a card.

As Joanne stated, Denny suffered a heart attack in Feb while I was in Belize. It wasn't serious but he "supposedly" punched a nurse/aide and gave her a black eye. She went down to emergency and the police officer on duty wanted to arrest him. The hospital did not allow that and the officer not the nurse pressed charges. A court date was set. Mind you he is paralized and had no strength at the time. He is in a nursing home in PA near all his family.

The following are excerpts from emails I have received from his sister Darlene. She keeps me updated on a semi regular basis.

4/29/08 - "First of all I went to court today for Denny and I believe the judge didn't know what to do. Every other case, they were in front of him for about 1 minute. When he called Denny's name and I went up tried to explain a little about what happened. I showed him a letter from the nursing home stating his condition and showed him a picture of Denny he really looked like he didn't know what to do. He asked if the nurse was in the court room which she wasn't then he looked through some more papers and talked to the girl on the one side of him. Now about 10 minutes have gone by and I'm still trying to explain his condition. Finally he said because the court forgot to notify the nurse, we would have to come back. Naturally I was upset, saying I took the day off and so did my husband and my parents were there. He didn't want to hear that. He said it was only fair to hear the nurse's side. So now I have to wait until she is notified and they set another date. If she doesn't show up then, I guess it will be dropped but in the meantime, we have it hanging over our heads. Oh well!!! Denny is doing well. Sometimes his speech is better than other times. He was not in a good mood today. He told me to shut up and let him talk. He really will not let them do too much therapy. He says it hurts. The bed sore is still there so it is hard for him to sit too long."

5/29/08 - "Denny is about the same. Some days he's good and other days he's not so good. Some days you can understand him and other days you can't. Some old friends have gone to see him a few times and I know that he likes that. He gives the nurses a hard time when they try to get him to do anything and I think they just give up. We've tried talking to him and he says he is cooperating which I know he isn't because I've been there and witnessed it. I wish he would let them help him. I have another court date of June 9th. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I doubt if the nurse will even show up. Even if she does what in the world can they do to him?! A while ago I told him I had his Belize hat and he told me to bring it to him. He doesn't go any where but he loves having it. Tell everyone thank you for all the well wishes and good thoughts. He's a stubborn one but a good guy and doesn't deserve all this! You take care and I'll be in touch soon". Darlene

Cards can be sent to him in care of his sister - Darlene Pekula
20 Bala Court
Turnersville, NJ 08012

Windjammer #281976 05/30/08 06:14 AM
D
D

That's the Denny we've come to know and Love. This chapter in his book of life is a twist. Ok, I'm sorry to say this but the answer to the question " what in the world can they do to him" is "incarnate" him and then his Social Security Pension will be void while he is "in the can". I've long suspected this is why so many seniors are prosecuted. Now Denny may not get S.S. and I don't know what the P.E.R.S. policy is but I suspect it is the same. Remember many yrs. ago the Pa. public official shot himself in the mouth on live t.v. because he didn't want to loose his pension for his family. And the courts and cops work together to get revenue from anyone they can. Perhaps Lea-ann could add more perspective to this question " what can they do to him". I love it that he still has spunk and is going down fighting.

Danny2 #282468 06/02/08 10:25 PM
Bump.........Prayers for Denny

Dare To Deviate
Chloe #282529 06/03/08 10:07 AM
Hopefully the nurse will not show up... let's hope.

I too find it very odd that he would have "punched" her. I saw Denny several times in the hospital and I find that very VERY unlikely. He could barely move. I can't even imagine him even being able to lift his arm!

More prayers for Denny...

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.