Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Cueball - this is not a political activist message board - maybe you will be able to find someone out there that is willing to listen to your opinion about an island that is located 5,000 miles from where you live and work.... come back and tell us how it goes.

By the way, there is a message board out there that will gladly adopt your persona and will rejoice in your thoughts and pearls of wisdom - but you'll have to find it yourself.

Have a great day!

Maybe the Jamaica travel websites would be more receptive.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
People like you make me laugh. You haven't even been to the place and you're already trying to change it....

Why not just go, enjoy your vacation, and check the situation first hand before flying off the handle, getting your knickers in a bunch, and talking alot of bollocks.

Personally, I've never gone to AC before. But I have been to several other Caribbean destinations and expect there to be some issues in the local infrastructure .... you're not going to the USA, Canada, or England for Pete's sake.

Maybe join Grean Peace or something.

At any rate, I'm a 'vacationer' and tired of reading your meaningless threats and soap box posts.

In advance, I apologize to everyone else reading this...

Hey Tim, I hope you read the comments in the original threads; they've all been merged in one thread in the Chat Area - did you notice that?

Live and let live
C
C
My frustration is with the apparent disregard to those of us who have not visited the island before. As for the "just come on down and see it before complaining" comment, why would I want to spend my hard earned money coming to a place that has an admitted trash problem. I'm sure others would feel the same.

Continue with this flippant attitude towards those of us with genuine concerns and watch the tourism industry and the AC economy go to pot...

S
S
Gee, aren't the advertisers the ones who keep bringing this issue to the forefront with the powers that be and working on solutions with those powers?

C
C
SimonB,

I hope so! If that is the case, then that is what needs to be openly discussed here! You speak as if those of us who are considering coming to AC should know this! If the advertisers are working hard and quickly for a solution, then let's talk about what they are doing....that's all I have been saying.

Cueball, from a tourists first time perspective, there is no trash problem, honestly.

I hate to tell you this Cueball, but the USA has trash problems, grafitti problems, crime problems, and a variety of other issues. Does that stop me from going to Disney World? What country doesn't have infrastructure issues of some sort??

Get a grip man. If you don't like it, then don't spend your hard earned money there and go elsewhere. I hear Florida and San Padre Island are nice this time of year, and heck, you don't even have the leave the USA. Maybe even the Florida Keys might suit your better?

While you're there, be sure to check the local garbage service.... you wouldn't want to waste your hard earned dollars on going to place with issues, nevermind living in one.

Last edited by Canuck-Diver; 03/12/08 10:39 AM.
C
C
Nice attitude Canuck. I won't stoop to that level. All I will say is that most successful tourist destinations that take their customers seriously do all they can to keep a clean environment for them to enjoy.

Not only is there an aesthetic purpose, but health issues are also associated with garbage problems in a community. But I guess we should just fork out thousands of dollars and grin and bare it or dont come at all....nice way to promote the island.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.