Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
China was one of the 62 nations that boycotted the 1980 Games. Iran boycotted 1980 and 1984. Oh yeah, that hostage matter.
Interesting.

Last edited by reaper; 04/08/08 05:49 PM.
D
D

Please read this, http://rawstory.com/news/2008/FBI_linked_to_national_eavesdropping_program_0408.html

We should be protesting the government of the United States of America. Talk about freedom. What about the four freedoms? The one about freedom of fear. But don't worry, don't do anything wrong and there is no worry.

good point Danny -- it's bad and I am not naive and think its okay by any stretch

However, to put it in the same breath as China is worse than apples and oranges -- it's pinto beans and folding chairs

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
D
D

Ok Otts I'll give you the comparison. But They are both run by the same master. Just big brother, little brother.

I hear ya -- it's one of the main reasons I tend to vote libertarian

When one reads too many left-wing blogs, one will usually believe anything!
Rykat 2008 smile

Are you running Ry? Need a campaign manager? What are your legislative accomplishments? wink

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
In the ancient Olympics each athlete participated for himself only, and didn't "represent" his country or anyone else. Why is it that that simplicity has been dropped from the modern Olympics, so that no competitor can be dissociated from the country (s)he comes from. Like it or not, participating IS a political statement, by definition.

Originally Posted by pedro2
Any parallels with Berlin 1936?

Well, yes: In 1936, Carl Diem, Secretary General of the Organizing Committee of the Games of the XI Olympiad in Berlin, proposed the inclusion of a torch relay in the program of the Olympics. The flame was lit in Olympia and transported to Berlin via a torch relay comprised exclusively of Aryan's, and was approved by Nazi propaganda minister Gobles.The relay has been used as a propoganda tool for the all host countries ever since

Originally Posted by pedro2
So far the people Paris don't seem to be very keen.

In a somewhat aligned story, yesterday marked the first time in several centuries the French have stopped anyone from running through their country at will!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Originally Posted by pugwash
yesterday marked the first time in several centuries the French have stopped anyone from running through their country at will!

How cruel!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.