Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
ERT Offline OP
OP Offline
E
One can't go to sleep on this site!

Sorry, Jesse. Emails can be sent from anywhere, can't they? However, I will be returning soon.

But you are right about my name and my phone number. As for Green Reef, I am a volunteer there and have sent out emails for them (at their request) from time to time. Green Reef received a copy of the South Beach email I quoted and has passed it on. I did some of the forwarding for Green Reef.

Green Reef, however, had NOTHING to do with my posting on this site, including putting up the South Beach letter that started this thread. (I did so without editorial comment, by the way.)

My posting, and my attitude toward South Beach, belong to me and not to Green Reef. Now I feel sure my comments will be ascribed to Green Reef, however inappropriate that might be.

So there's another reason for not revealing identities. That's a good way to silence somebody. I presume that was your intent.

Green Reef is opposed to the development of South Beach at its current location, for reasons that are probably obvious, and Green Reef can speak for itself.

My reasons, in fact, are somewhat different from those of Green Reef. I have not expressed those reasons here. I would have said "yet," but now I fear I'll never have the chance. At any rate, we never have passed the "Does anyone have information stage?" on this thread.

I spoke the truth when I said I came here with the idea of investing and had been requested by others to be on the lookout for potential property for others. I meant it when I said I have loved it here, and I also meant it when I said the jury is still out on whether an investment can be protected without some sort of planning for the future on this island. There may be planning I am not aware of (I am genuinely not plugged in), but I don't see evidence of it. That concerns me. The lack of prior planning saddens me. This beautiful place may have "made a shameful conquest of itself." I hope not.

At any rate, I feel obligated to stop speaking now. My "crimes," whatever they are, are not Green Reef's.

So thanks, Jesse.

PS If you really are with the San Pedro Daily, why don't you publish information on this so that I can at least be informed. Then we can go back to restaurant recommendations.

S
S
I am San Pedro Daily...every day for over 3 years...with over 5,000 readers.
You emailed this to me:
[i]Ethel Truly
Green Reef Environmental Institute

so you are a bit misleading when claiming no connection with Green Reef.
I'll see what Mito has to say.

P.S. My tracking software says you are sending email from within Belize.

Last edited by Amanda Syme; 05/21/08 03:40 PM.
hi guys, take this to email maybe... thanks....

E
ERT Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Having thought about this matter (with no side emails), I feel compelled to make one last post. Except for any clarifications needed for this post, I intend to say nothing more.

I am not authorized to speak for Green Reef. Whatever you think of anything I have said (or its tone), it has been mine and not Green Reef's.

The only thing I was asked to do by Green Reef was to forward the South Beach letter to the San Pedro Daily. (I actually misread the instruction and first sent it to the San Pedro Sun. Only later in the day did I realize my error and send it to the San Pedro Daily.) I put it on the message board on my own, and certainly my responses to the later comments were mine.

I read the request to send the letter to the San Pedro Daily on Monday morning. It had actually been emailed to me Sunday night. Mito left to do some research on Glover's Reef early Monday and still knows nothing of the fiasco I have caused. He will be gone all week, and I am not looking forward to bringing him up to speed when he gets back.

In the thread that developed, I attempted to mislead on 2 points. First, while I was not technically on the island, I am living here for the time being and was gone not-too-far for not-too-long. Implying that I did not live here was both wrong and stupid, and I am sorry for trying to mislead.

More serious, however, was my statement about "talking" to the developer. In fact, I have never "talked" to the developer at all. I did hear him say he (or somebody) was finishing up the South Beach EIA, but he was not even talking to me. He and I were not engaged in any kind of dialogue, as my statement was intended to convey. In fact, I have no reason to think he has ever been aware of my existence (although I assume he is now if he reads this message board!).

Again, I apologize for this, particularly to the developer himself. Although earlier I did take the bait and was working on a request to him for a copy of the EIA, etc., I will now obviously leave the information gathering to others.

By way of full disclosure, the other action I took Monday, again on my own, was to send the letter to the offices of the Mayor and Minister of Tourism. This was done without comment except to say that I felt they should be aware this letter was making the rounds and that I was sending it in Mito's absence and without his knowledge. I felt it was appropriate they know about it, whether the letter accurately reflected their views or not. I frankly don't know their views or their involvement in the letter and did not ask.

Finally, I regret my tone, which, on rereading, strikes me as unnecessarily strident. For those who found it offensive, I apologize.

Having been "outed," as the last post put it (and I thank the writer for acknowledging what happened), I do feel compelled to hush. I know that anything further I say on this or any other subject will be associated with Green Reef, to whom I already owe my greatest apology. Therefore, I will read but not participate.

Plus, there are issues of significance to be considered and I don't need to be in the way. And one more, I apologize.

It is unfortunate that what started out to be an informative thread worthy of discussion turned into one of personal attacks and inapropriate revealing of personal information - especially when done by an administrator. frown

Oh my gosh, I hope he can't figure out who Bywarren is and where I am. smirk

agreed. I think Jesse's suspicions were well-founded (and ERTs explanation makes me more leary than I was before), but the topic was worthy and the action unfortunate.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
D
D

Bywarren is who he is and is also where he is and that's all there is.

i haven't yet time to have read the postings here, but i just returned and that same e-mail was waiting in my inbox too.

S
S
ERT "outed" herself when she emailed full identity info to Editor, San Pedro Daily....without any restriction of publication.

ERT, nice apology.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.