Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
i've played with crocs many times. so don't ask me. i've seen em run too. that shakes you up a bit. but there are ways. get em when they are small. that helps a lot. i suppose i'm not helping.

Bad Marty, Bad! You are cracking me up!

Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep. In a giant blender.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've canoed in the White Nile alongside crocs/alligators that were significantly longer than the boat. Luckily they don't realise how easily they could turn the canoe over.

Maybe you just did not look too appealing to them. grin

E
E
Didn't a guy just about get his leg bitten off on Caye Caulker a couple of weeks ago? Someone at Estel's was reading the San Pedro Daily about a guy who walked out 5 feet in the swamp bordering the airport runway to get a picture of a croc and another came up behind him.

I know the guy didn't get much sympathy from the patrons at Estel's.

God Bless The Reef!
IDEA - Those who are deemed bad on the board will be a participant of the new Sunday afternoon feeding show. Or Reaper has a "loser gets fed to a crock wrestling match!" grin grin grin

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
There some good eatin on one of them.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
And once the crocs figure that out...

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I believe I've told this story before. When last on the island, some locals wanted to take my friend to see the crocodiles. I begged her not to go with them and tried to explain how wrong it was and why. She chose to ignore the warnings because the locals made it sound exciting and she wanted the Belizean adventure. While I was telling her not to go, another Belizean who had been listening, started to give me heck for talking about things I don't know anything about, since I don't live there. He said that I would take the food out of the boys' mouths because that is how they make money. I told him that if they were stopped from feeding the crocs by lack of business, they would likely find better jobs (I meant safer jobs, and one would hope with a better future). The discussion pretty much ended at that point.

I believe my recommendation to the board at the time was flyers setting out the warning, the dangers, the fees and the fines be distributed to every hotel and rental property. Each property has a book with their hotel information, often some restaurant and tour info, why not some local warning info as well?

Cut off the supply of fools that go to see this activity and the activity would stop.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.