Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#28636 10/10/00 11:42 PM
O
O
Suzan--I too wrote you before reading that post.Am trying to find info from people that live on the island. Let me know what you find out from US offices. There is a list of hotels on hurricane section that are relatively unharmed and should be open when we will be there, did you see them? We are still going. My crew is undaunted. All of us want out of here so baaaad it's not funny. So we are willing to endure some hardships. I'll let you know what I find out--you do the same, ok ?
PS--send money for Kleenex!!!

#28637 10/11/00 12:43 PM
S
Suzan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I called Dive Belize, Gaz Cooper's US office, a little while ago. They are as stymied as the rest of us. The woman I spoke to said she cannot get through directly to Gaz but has received some very brief emails from him stating that he thinks all is well and to keep reservations in tact. She has also been monitoring these newsgroups and is skeptical that things really are okay. She said she has sent frantic emails to Gaz to please get in touch and she is waiting for his response. Unfortunately, I booked directly with Gaz (In all my trips to AC, this is the first time (!) I have purchased a package deal -- although I have dove with Gaz before.) So I don't think the US office can do anything for me and I continue to wait for word from Gaz. From what I have read, things don't sound good -- as I have said before, my vacation is small potatoes compared to what the folks on the island are going through. And I am willing to hep in any way I can (sent $$) but I certainly don't want to bring my own food and if I can't get a beer, it would really be dire. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media
#28638 10/11/00 01:28 PM
O
O
Ditto on the food and beer!!! Like you said---the messages on the board are confusing. There seems to be a positive one from Marty.It seems all we can do is wait at this moment even if it's driving us crazy. Time is running short for both of us at this point. There are soooo many conflicting reports. I hope things will clarify within a day or too. I haven't heard anything personally so far,will let you know when I do.Until then, I will keep monorating the board.Keep fingers crossed!!!

#28639 10/12/00 11:02 AM
S
Suzan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I received an email from Gaz yesterday afternoon. He says that all is well and that he will be ready for us. I have emailed him back with my concerns: mega insects, disease possibilities, food shortage, curfew and no liquor sales. I really don't want to be part of the problem but I don't want to renege either. So...I await his reply. How about you, Orionhunter, any status report?

#28640 10/12/00 11:21 AM
S
S
Orionhunter: I'm at a friends place in Clear Lake near Houston... and would like to get in touch. Email me at "[email protected]"

#28641 10/12/00 12:00 PM
back to the top.

Dare To Deviate
#28642 10/12/00 12:45 PM
T
T
suzan and orionhunter, we are staying at seven seas on oct 21-25. the owner assures me that the hotel is clean and has running water in sinks,toliets,etc. they said there is plenty of food, ice, many other items. we have non refundable tickets, and we are taking our open water dives with gaz also.
we have no choice but to go ahead with plans. we do also understand that san pedro will not be the same, but are planning to come back next summer. our whole trip has been paid for, so we're going.
i have done missionary work in bolivia, so i have seen BAD places without a hurricane. i will love to pitch in and help where needed.
we are taking percautions, such as gamaglobin shots(excuse the spelling) and first aide kits. i have not heard from gaz directly, but i've been assured there is a gaz shop and boats.
love to meet up with yaw and have a drink or two.

#28643 10/12/00 01:09 PM
S
Suzan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
TexasCat, we won't be there until the 29th. Will you still be there then? PS -- you will LOVE the diving.

#28644 10/12/00 01:18 PM
T
T
we will be leaving ac on the 25 to go to san ignacio. it's in the cayo district. we hope to still do the cave tubing and the ruin tours.
i forgot to tell orionhunter that seven seas is filling up quick. and they have a pool. the e-mail address is [email protected]
the owner's name is bill.
i'm sorry suzan that we will miss each other, i would have loved to meet you.

#28645 10/12/00 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
texascat - was in cayo & i climbed xunantunich in 1993, it was really cool. you can see the jungle for MILES around from the top. we liked san ignacio. best chinese food i ever had. from there we went to pine mountain ridge reserve to see the 1000 ft falls and then the rio frio caves. it is a walk-to cave, not a tubing cave. it is HUGE and we thought it was just great.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.