Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
JZB Offline OP
OP Offline
Who else thought that this week's 'Donde Esta Debbie' Article was in very poor taste?

This week Debbie went to enjoy the crocodile feeding and even got her photo taken sitting on top of a croc. Not only does this article condone this behavior, it is encouraging it!

Regardless of what Debbie thinks, it is still ILLEGAL! They should be fined just on the photo alone.

Jzb I read the above and looked at the picture ..My thoughts where #1 She has to be stupidest reporter if thats whats she does to eke out a living ,#2 she is encouraging people to join her stupidity and she might get some kid Or person killed.#3 the editor should have a least looked this craziness over before this went to press so he must be also out of touch with reality or ALSO out of his mind .#4 Yes the island needs things to bring in tourists but not with this . #5 I hope nobody in the outside world sees this paper as the voice and reason of Ambergriscaye And the good citizens here think this is aceptable and good for the island .#5 I did like and enjoy the paper,but today they went over the line And made a big mistake!!!!!!! As they just let this very stupid lady represent them as there spokesperson for bad [JOURNALISM ]???? #6 YES SHAME ON YOU,AT LEAST HAVE THE SENSE TO APOLOGIZE FOR HER STUPIDITY.AND SAY WE ARE SORRY FOR THIS POOR THOUGHT OUT STORY AND IT'S DEADLY RAMIFICATIONS ..

Last edited by captjeff; 07/10/08 04:47 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
JZB Offline OP
OP Offline
An actual quote from the article says 'Contrary to other reports, I did not see any of these crocodiles being abused!' Meanwhile, she is sitting on one! crazy Plus other stoooopid comments.
Was the editor on vacation this week???

C
C
They should seriously be punished in some form of a fine or mandatory retraction. Additionally, I know of more than a handful of hotels who tell their guests about this and even go so far as to provide chickens for the feedings. It's absolute craziness that people put their faith in a bunch of 13 year olds but they do. They get caught up in the whole "when in Rome" thing. Nuts.

Last edited by Canam; 07/10/08 04:52 PM.
Donde Esta Debbie's leg?

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
C
C
I love how they mention "Shark Ray alley" as well. As a local dive instructor once told me;

"People wonder why they get bitten by animals sometimes when snorkeling or diving. 9 times out of 10 they are doing something they shouldn't be doing, which is usually riding, touching or chasing them. Ask yourself this - if you were walking down the street and some tourist jumped on YOUR back, what would you do?"

They really need to get a handle on all of the craziness that goes on with regards to this kind of stuff. All it takes is one CNN report and years of reputation building are down the drain.

Anyone else notice the ad for medical service NEXT to the article, lol.

Last edited by Canam; 07/10/08 04:58 PM.
S
S
I heard about it well in advance but couldn't believe that they would print the article. Whether or not they think it's cute or not it's still AGAINST THE LAW. There's a reason they are a protected species, they should have done some research before they printed the article..

E
E
Ive done a few stupid things in my life but that aint one of them !

A
A
Well lets just tar and feather her this young 24 year old single mother then! Give the young girl a break people. Folks make mistakes and we all have done and will do stupid things (like swim in chummed water at Shark Ray Alley and the Blue Hole supporting the feeding of wild animals). Too bad this one is in print. At least her and her family and the newspaper's family are from here and have made huge contributions to the tourism product on Ambergris Caye. This doesn't make it right but should put it into perspective.

B
B
I thought that was just photo shop...that can't be a real picture sitting on a croc.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,043
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.