Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
N
N
I just emailed this newspaper; I think anyone else concerned should do so too! I personally am tired of watching this circus show! It occurs most evenings around sunset, south of the Fido's Sandbar. Some nights, there are as many as 7 or 8 golf carts with tourists standing around watching this. It's an accident waiting to happen.

Okay, in fairness, I reposted the response they made, then deleted. That was cowardly, so I posted it again. I also received another response to my angry response to their mindless response, which I post here. I personally feel a little better about them now. From the Ambergris Today paper:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe the only mistake that I did was not being 100% clear of the intention of the article. In the past i have published countless articles with the dangers of feeding the crocodiles and warned people about doing so and that is why i published this one. To trying to talk to the Town Council to either stop it or create a safer environment to feed these animals, because i see so many tourist going there and endangering themselves. I admit that i did not make this point strong enough, but i surely have in the past. Because weather or not we agree to it, it is still going on. I have never gone to feed these animals and probably should not have taken those pictures (I agree to that), but it seems that it was the only way that I could draw attention to the matter. I agree that feeding these animals is dangerous and should not be done. BUT IT IS BEING DONE! And I wanted to do just that, have the proper authorities create a safer environment, because it is being done.

Dorian Nunez
Ambergris Today

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
Originally Posted by Neecee
I just emailed this newspaper; I think anyone else concerned should do so too! I personally am tired of watching this circus show! It occurs most evenings around sunset, south of the Fido's Sandbar. Some nights, there are as many as 7 or 8 golf carts with tourists standing around watching this. It's an accident waiting to happen.

Neecee has obviously only seen the "slow night" shows. Because I have seen 50 - 100 people sometimes.

The croc pond is on my way home. I try to go by quickly and directly. I DO NOT want to be there when something awful happens to somebody. And it is not a case of IF it is a case of WHEN.

If the paper was not trying to encourage this activity why is the last line of the story "when you snap your crocodile shots make sure you tell the guys that Debbie sent you!"

C
C
look these crocs have been feed for years and years, without any incidents, that tells me that the odds are something bad is going to happen soon, although i think its crazy for people to do this, THEY STILL DO, even though its illegal, govt can pass all the laws they want but if the don't regulate them then they are merely letters on paper,I'm glad Dorian published the article hopefully it gets the attention of the right people, and the right things get done.people always look for the negative in things
ps: theres only so many places debbie could be....lol

Last edited by CASA DE AMOR 2; 07/10/08 09:34 PM.

N
N
Amanda; you're so right! I too, go by on my way home most nights. As you said, and are absolutely right; there have been huge crowds there! I have never stopped; it's all I can do to drive by! These animals are enormous and seeing a local waving raw chicken in front of them from a fishing pole, is beyond stupid!

I have a good suggestion for Ambergris Today's next week's article: 'Donde Esta Debbie' (since she broke the law this week) --> '�en el prisión!'. Dumb, dumb, dumb, Ambergris Today! Don't make it worse and please apologise!

Live and let live
N
N
Touche Short!

Great here we have three kids that have been entertaing the tourists for the last 10 years and now you lot are bitching-lets see go and stand outside Big Daddy's and complain about the drug dealing the knifings etc. they will move you on very quickly-complain about the burglaries/stand outside the police station and complain about crooked cops-give up your friend for smoking dope-go against crooked politicians-people with no work permits

So because there are worse illegal things going on, we should not care about less illegal stuff?
[u]What this or something worse happens on Ambergris Caye?[/u] Should we then also say that Debbie sent us?
Originally Posted by Lan Sluder
According to a posting on one of the Belize mailing lists by Wendy Auxillou and reported in the Caye Caulker Chronicles by Tina Auxillou ...

>>

While taking photos of a croc in the wild near the airstrip, a tourist standing in ankle deep swamp got chomped in the calf by a second crocodile. The incident happened today. We did not get the name of the tourist, but he was attacked from behind losing a big part of his calf and possibly his lower leg. "The injury looked terrible!" said a witness "and he was rushed to a hospital in San Pedro by boat."

Live and let live
Ironically, The San Pedro Sun has been working very closely with biologist and executive director Cherie Chenot-Rose from ACES/ American Crocodile Endangered Sanctuary in Toledo along with Belize Forest Service's Wildlife Officer Mr. Lopez to come to San Pedro to better educate the community on just these issues. We have scheduled a presentation at the Lion's Den on Tuesday night at 7pm and they are to appear on the Reef Radio morning show Wed. AM. Please take a look at the flyer which Marty posted under the "Nature" category.
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/288158/CROC_TALK_with_Belize_Forest_D.html#Post288158

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.