Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Originally Posted by Jesse
Only in the U.S.

Oh, phuleese! Political correctness runs amuck all over the world; everything from whether the French should drink Chilean wine to the London judge who sentenced some guy from Northern Ireland to 10 weeks in jail for calling a Welsh woman English. (apparantly that's some kind of racial slur?)

Dutch, I agree; people seem to look for ways to take offense. When did it become so popular to be a victim? smirk

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
S
S
That isn't political correctness...it's obsession with skin colour...a strongly US condition.

In the US, one of the all time classic Disney movies, "Song of the South" has never been released on DVD or VHS. Not sure if the history of the U.S. portrayed in the movie is not Politically correct. Or maybe they don't like Uncle Remus. The best part is "Splash Mountain" at the theme parks are based on the movie.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
#288122 07/10/08 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by pedro2

Yet the reality of racism continues unabated in many places. One wonderful reason for living in Belize.

Like a box of Crayolas melting in the Caribbean sun who can throw a stone at whom?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Will Belize have to rename the "BLUE HOLE"?

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
I loved the movie Bulworth where he said "Just let them f*^$ 'til they are all one color"
I love the rainbow parade of people cruising down front street.
In the USA it is very boring looking out over any crowd.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Jesse, again, stop knocking the US. It gets very old very fast. It's not perfect, but we tend to get defensive when people who aren't from here bad mouth her. People everywhere find some reason to divide up into us and them. Leah-Ann captured the post he deleted...HA!

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
Harriette, once again, I can't figure out how you and I have such different takes on the state of California! I absolutely love the cultural diversity of my state. I love that I can find restaurants serving dishes from every corner of the globe, that conversations can be heard in any combination of languages, that there is a colorful variety of ethnic clothing styles, that there are routinly celebrations of holidays not a part of America's culture. I have yet to be part of a "boring" crowd in the US, except maybe once in Nebraska...

I worked in Brazil for a year, and the mix of Europeans, Native peoples and asians made the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
Originally Posted by Jesse
That isn't political correctness...it's obsession with skin colour...a strongly US condition.

The english and welsh have different skin colors? Or was that the London judge? political correctness encompases much more than skin color and is an issue all over the world.

And as much as I love Belize, I beg to differ with respect to the perfect picture painted here. There is most certainly a differentiation among Belizeans based solely on skin color. One need look no further than the naming of the group which resulted from the intermarriage of African and Caribeans. The products of these unions came to be known as the Garifuna, often called "Black Caribs" to distinguish them from the those referred to as "Red" or "Yellow Caribs" all based on skin color.

This is a great read:
http://scholarworks.umass.edu/dissertations/AAI8805951/

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.