Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
L
L
LA, yep his eyes will be bulging and his head swiveling all around, taking it all in. LOL. Oh, and he will be ready to parteee!

With a lineup like this, you don't need my dates, KC. The appropriate authorities will be well alert without them. wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
We're counting the days...and "sleeps" til we get down to SP 11/26!! Unfortunately have to be back at work (ugh...awful word!) 12/2!!! Looking forward to sun, sand, beautiful water, and all that AC always provides!!!

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
just got back home on july 14th, and am rebooked for nov. 12-24, after a week in culebra, puerto rico...can't wait! anybody ever been to culebra???first time for me...

Yes, when I was a teenager. Puerto Rico is a beautiful Island. Culebra, if my memory serves correctly was very beautiful at the time. Try to visit Old San Juan if you have time. Wear light clothing for sure. If you are able to visit Old San Juan try to see Calle Del Cristo, I use to work on that street many moons ago. Use to have lunch in the "Parque de las Palomas" next to the small Capilla at the end of the street. Have a camera ready for some great shots. We got back from our vacation from Old San Juan the end of March and actually rented an apartment right smack in the middle of Old San Juan on Calle Luna. It was great. The weather was beautiful. You can PM me if you have any questions about P.R..
I am Puertorican, but most of my life I've lived in the USA. Oh, up that street is were "The flying Nun" series with Sally Fields was filmed. Maybe for lunch you can find a place that serves a sandwich called "La Tripleta". It is much better that the Cuban sandwiches by far.
wink

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
We did a week on Culebra a few years ago. Stayed in a rickety old building on Flamenco Beach. Beautiful beach, and other than the accomodations, we had fun. the most fun was being taken by boat out to a little island for the day (they dropped us off and picked us up). the snorkeling there was fantastic and the beach was beautiful. On the whole, enjoyable vaca. We were a bit out of the way, so we had to drive for all food, some good restaurants, small but tasty. Not a lot to do other than beaching. Sightseeing could all be done in a day. A really quaint little island with beautiful beaches. We flew directly out of San Juan on a Caravan to Culebra, and the scenery on that flight would rival the flight to SP. Landing on Culebra is a hoot, you come in between two large hills, drop quickly while makinga 40 degree turn to catch the landing strip.
We did end up staying 3 days in Old San Juan on the return. Toured the fort and generally just walked around. Great sights, great food. We previously had spent time in Rincon too, and we really enjoy PR.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
R
R
Kerry, Culebra is a wonderful place. I have spent many weeks there and considered buying there before finally buying in AC. We used to anchor behind the reef on the East side (Ensenada Honda) of the Island and sometimes off the town on the West side. Great diving. There is a smaller Island to the East, Culebrita, which is a National Park. Great diving and beach there also. The only problem as I saw it was that it is a very small Island it you are going to be there for a while. We would sometimes take the Ferry back to Fajerdo to do shopping and to break up our stays.

Most of the tourist go to a beach in the Northwest corner that I've been to a few times and it was nice. My fondest memories where going to the church in town. They really made quite a time out of the mass. Also, having an Easter egg hunt off the boat for the kids. They would jump in to retrieve the eggs. Mail and communications was easy, restrauants where OK. Boy I love the Caribbean.

Last edited by ragman; 07/27/08 09:08 AM.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
R
R
Chachacoconut, PR is a very beautiful Island. I've had a lot of fun there and met a lot of great locals. We stayed mostly at the San Juan YC. Drank many a Corona there. Anyway, we rented cars quite often and traveled all over the Island.

Deep fried pork and mafungo probably took several years off my life. PR is one of the most under rated Islands in the Caribbean. It is a great place.

In the meantime back to AC. Sorry if we wandered off topic.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
thanx for all the input on culebra...sounds like i picked the right place...my plane arrives at sju at 2 pm, so i don't think i have time to do the ferry...airlines that fly from sju to culebra??? sorry to have hi jacked this thread...anyone with any info on this feel free to pm me...thanx
see u in sp nov. 12-24...kerry

Last edited by kerry; 07/28/08 03:12 AM. Reason: typo
Kerry, check out Air Flamenco. I seem to remember flying a Caravan, but their fleet looks like it has upgraded a bit to twin engines. We flew directly out of San Juan, and it was just our party of four on the plane.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.