Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I'm waiting to see what airports end up with Nexus kiosks....read anything SS?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Well, for me, I care about Calgary. smile That said, I already have Canpass which already takes care of me on the way home. But if I understand it correctly, when I get Nexus, I'll be able to miss a bunch of lineup and BS when I'm trying to fly out too.

I was told (which isn't the same as knowing) that Houston will have it. I have a NEXUS sheet that shows enrollment centers. None of them seem of much use to me or most others. lol But then, I suspect there is some belief that this is going to work at border crossings.

Sorry I brought it up. Wouldn't want my application to get held up because they become overwhelmed with apps. wink

Last edited by seashell; 10/01/08 10:18 PM.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

P
P
If the US authorities had their way they'd control all international airports world-wide. They also actively try to control all worldwide operations of non-US companies that partly operate in the USA.

A few years ago we even had US Secret Service parading and elbowing people aside in Oxford when Clinton came to visit his daughter. Until, that is, it was pointed out to them (forcibly) that in Britain they were civilians. I don't know how they had ever been allowed to bring their guns, but at that point those were confiscated.

They've never quite sussed the concept of sovereignty as applied to other countries. It's probably their way of endearing themselves to others.

P
P
What is Nexus?

Iris recognition.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by BiIl Mc Ghee
Not a chance in Hell!!!!

Don't really agree. I often have a 45 minute connection when I go to the states through Houston. Not to mention Continental often arrives a good 20 minutes early which would then give you just over an hour. There is a chance your connecting flight could always be late as well.

Your plane arrives early.. the connection arrives Late!! Good luck on that one. Ain't gonna happen too often. Planes don't arrive early, It would throw the whole system out of wack.A commercial plane has a arrival window and they stay as close to it as possible. Especially at a busy A/P like Houston.

Never Use money to measure wealth
On one one vacation here before we moved, we had a similar issue not enough time to make connecting flight. (I did not want to go home anyways)

We got to Houston once and lines were huge we tried to find help and finally someone came by and told is we could go in the US line we did not even consider that cause we are Canadians. That was much faster, we still ended up sprinting down the corridor to the gate and missed our flight. Luckily they put us up over night.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

N
N
Wade, I think you missread my post. I said we went through customs and that was fine. Since after going though immigration and customs we had to go through security again, I asked why that airport doesn't have an 'in transit' system like most international airports. Once we have gone through security at an airport allowing us to fly into the US on an american plane to make a connection, why should we again have to go through security (not customs and immigration)? I agree with seashell, in Canada at our international airports we have USA entry points with USA customs and immigration on site. We also have an in transit system where passengers coming from another flight stay on the 'secure side' of the airport and proceed to their next gate as most airports such as Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, Mexico City, Grenada, Charlotte NC and I think Miami.

I wont jump out and comment on other airports that I don't know. my experience is more with the bags and flight crew, but the same rules apply to passengers. As I understand it from my experience in las vegas. TSA is present in Canada for flights into the US. however coming into the US from other countries there is no TSA. And we all know TSA is the all mighty, They mandate that you get to see them at your first domestic flight. There are so many inconsistencies and "Local" procidures I should not have implied that was the way for all airports. In Houston, for myself I have several bottles of rum in my carry on from Belize, so I need to re-pack these and must go thru security to ensure I did not repack these into my carry on. It is three departments of the federal government, TSA Customs and Immigrations not working together.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.