Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
From what I have seen & been told, that is probably a good idea, P1 !!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
one comment to drive home the point - (go on, hit me cuz i said i give up) - pedro stays open cuz he offers unique (sports bar) and above average (good pizza) product, markets his biz well, and provides a non-redundant service (clean hostel w pool).

To assume that budget minded travellers are not needed is wrong...when they come and have so much fun...out comes the credit card!

S
S
Don't disagree there but this is not the place for the "Cancun" crowd nor should it be. We offer something unique not cookie cutter.

A
A
I do not think anyone is lobbying for the Cancun crowd, simply more of the people that find Belize, its natural resources, and people so unique, be they from Canada, the USA, or Europe. Because Belize does not have the huge, wide sandy beaches, an abundance of cheap booze, and all inclusives it will never be a Cancun like destination. It would just be nice if were easier and less expensive to get to.

there we agree smile

SJ, I understand where you are coming from and read your posts.

Belize is a treasure. It really is and anyone who spends any time posting here, probably believes that already. Belize deserves to have the quality of tourist that will appreciate it's unique offerings.

Belize is not cheap, nor should it be. Quality not quantity could well be a viable mantra for our tourism industry.

Why shouldn't Belize be fussy about the sort of tourist it welcomes. It has many precious treasures to protect and preserve.

As others have said. Belize has something different. Why can't we aim for top end tourists, who care about the country, its resources and what it has to offer.

Whether they are backpackers (who are often some of the most ecologically and environmentally educated visitors) staying at a back packer's inn or low cost hotel or families, couples or singles, who have chosen to spend their hard earned money staying at one of our amazing boutique or spa hotels - we should be encouraging tourists who appreciate the country, many of whom are represented on this message board.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

"Belize is not cheap, nor should it be. Quality not quantity could well be a viable mantra for our tourism industry.

Why shouldn't Belize be fussy about the sort of tourist it welcomes. It has many precious treasures to protect and preserve."

Hear hear Collyk.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
reaper, thanks. i often read your post aloud to bruce, as we think a lot like you do. you just say it better most of the time. smile

colly knows i usually like what she has to say too. and this time is no exception. i've said the same thing, but since she is a SP resident, her opinion holds more weight. many do not agree. some think more is more, regardless of the quality.

perhaps some compromise can be achieved.

i like that i come to SP and feel comfortable. the people - visitors and locals - are cut of a different kind of cloth than the average person, and i love that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.