Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Keeping our fingers crossed for good weather tonite. So far today, cloudy and light breeze, We can deal with that. smile

IT WAS WONDERFUL! Calm sea, no wind, no rain and fabulous boats. Stay tuned I'm sure Taco Girl will post pictures.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Congrats Harriette!!!! send me a few pics if you have them!!!!

Harriette's boat won 1st PLACE in the 26 to 34' boat category!

From Harriette:

The win included $200 cash, a couple of Boat Parade T-Shirts, Belikin Beer Baseball hat and a trophy.

Scott (Palapa Bar) and Linda (Coco Locos Bar) worked many hours getting the boat decorated. Nurse Natalie, her grandson Chris and Marilyn Marx helped out. Scott captained the boat and Natalie, Marilyn and I went along for the ride. We sure hope somebody got some good pictures of us.

Our theme was searching for Santa as we had his sleigh (created by Linda), Reindeer (Purchased by me) and gift wrapped boxes and hanging pretty things provided by Marilyn. Natalie brought her light (that can reach to the moon), Marilyn brought two pairs of binoculars and I provided a tree and lots and lots of lights. A special thank you to Chris Berlin for saving our @$$ by loaning us his generator. And none of this would have been possible without the Mayor of the North's (Pat Stiley) boat!

Here's the list of winners....
Power Boat:
18'-15' Boats:
1st place: #12 Velie, Milo Paz.
2nd place: #11 Denise, Wayne Alfaro Construction & Waterfront Realty

26'-34' Boats:
1st Place: #7 North A.C. Neighborhood Watch (Search for Santa), Harriette Fisher and President Scott Harnish. 2nd place: #1 Island Waves, Alex Chan of Extreme Adventures,

35' Boats and up:
1st place: #6 Sueno del Mar (Reindeer), Captains Jesus & Kevin
2nd Place: #10 Ecologic 1, Ecological Divers.

Sailboat:
#3 Rum Punch, George Eiley.

Catamaran:
1st place: #15 Escape, SEArious Adventures
2nd place: #14 Dios da Vida, Reef Radio/Ambergris Divers

Junior Division (Schools): #9 Outreach, Holy Cross Anglican School
Most Artistic: #15 Escape SEArious Adventures.
Best Religious: #9 Outreach, Holy Cross Anglican School
Best Overall: #14 Dios da Vida, Reef Radio/Ambergris Divers
Try Harder Next Year: #8 No Rush, 4C SP High School
Mayor's Trophy: #9 Outreach, Holy Cross Anglican School

Trophy Sponsors: Dalia's Store, Lily's Treasure Chest, Funtasea Jungle Tours, Nasser Grocery Store, Blue Water Grill, Julie Babcock of Caye Casa, Gil Carlson of ReMax Isla Bonita.

Left before the awards were given. WHO WON?
Mary

mary
I think we should mention our boat was entered on behalf of the North Ambergris Caye Neighbourhood Watch. Harriette volunteered to head the organization of the decorations and did a fabulous job.

I think I posted about the same time Marty did... other prizes? or awards?
Mary

mary
I did not take pictures this year as I was on our boat, as Natalie said, the North Ambergirs Caye Neighborhood Watch boat. The post that Marty put up was what I wrote to the members of the NACNW last night so didn't think it necessary to mention that then - but certainly is now.
There were great boats - Holy Cross School along with the Wilson's took three different prizes as did Searious. Their boat was awesome! Wait until you see the pictures. I know Taco Girl was there with her camera as were the people from San Pedro Sun. The Belize City TV station was their and did a video. Parts of it may be show on Monday's news.
Next weeks newspapers should have lots of pictures.
The streets, beaches and park were all packed with people.
Great big applaud goes to Jan Brown and her committee!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
I took some pictures from land and will post when I can. I took the pictures in RAW and need to process them before I can do anything with them, but the computer I'm temporarily forced to use can't handle that.

In any case, most of the pictures are necessarily blurred as long exposures were necessary and the boats were moving. Maybe a small handful will be acceptable. It was quite amusing to see people standing and taking pictures with compact cameras, none of which can possibly have come out properly. And how many people think to turn the flash off?

from tacogirl...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.