Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
K
Have you looked into the Conch Shell? Talked to Monica today and they still have availabilities for January.

Hon Offline
Originally Posted by tacogirl
My brother just booked that seat sale and arrives Jan 1st.

TG, that's our flight too!!! We have to talk smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
E
E
DANG, Im on the same flight too !

Hon Offline
You wish!

E
E
laugh

OP Offline
Hon that is great will definitly have to put the 2 of you in touch if you are into it before hand.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Hon Offline
Absolutely! Has tacobro been to SP before?

L
L
I'm now booked on the Jan 8 flight - yeah. I heard back from Ruby's and for me to stay there I'd have to split my time between 2 different rooms... one a double at about $40US, then for the rest of the trip a single with shared bathroom for about half that. I'm ok with roughing it, but I really don't want to have to share a bath so now I'm looking at other options... Martha's has availability and the prices are really good for a basic room with fan and private bathroom. I can't find any really good detailed reviews of the place, though... anyone have any idea what it's really like? I asked for clean and quiet and the woman who emailed me back did say it was noisy "on the weekends". Does that sound like it might be accurate or is it really code for "I'll never get a minute's peace the whole time I'm there"? :-) I also did look at Conchshell, but I'm trying to keep this trip as inexpensive as possible and the prices were much more expensive than these other places. I know they're probably a bump up in terms of quality, but I'm not sure if it's worth paying double if the only difference is I'd get a tv.

pedros 15usd with shared bath but single room
check www.tripadvisor.com for reviews have two rooms left

L
L
Thanks, but I'm not really looking to share a bathroom. I'm still debating on where to stay. The Conch Shell is really nice, but way above my budget for the week. I've got quotes in from Martha's (approx $150US/week), and the San Padreno (?) (approx $350US/week). I'd love to be able to upgrade and go with the Conch Shell because it is so much more comfortable than the others, but if I did go more budget off the beach, how easy is it to get access to the beach? I.e. if I'm not staying at any of the beachside hotels, are there still places to lay out and read a book, etc or are those options only available at the hotels (and you have to be staying there to use them)?

Also, I've only been to SP in October... I'm assuming the weather is less unpredictable in mid-January (more sun, less rain)? How about the mosquitos?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 170 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.