Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
If MX agrees to let us in to their market then we would have to agree to let them in to our market. Just how long after that do you think our market would survive as Belizean owned and run.

That too.....and I would suspect, if that agreement EVER came about, that the major airlines would be first in line to take over the flights......

Change your Latitude
Flights are from England to Cancun return, not Cancun to England

You mean you can't buy a ticket from Cancun to England?

Change your Latitude
You can but not at the price's I put they are only from England

P
P
I just looked the other day. Cancun London is the same - price bar US$100 as Bze London via US. Very annoying.

B
B
I'm also in on anything we can do to raise Belize awareness in Europe. Not only do they travel more than Americans, they travel durring the slow season.

Another thing that we need to concern ouselves with, though, is the taxes that the government is charging to land at BZE international. Over half of most tickets is taxes and I'm sure that the govt would make up for a reduction through increases in GST revenues. This is something that we should lobby for.

Beergod in Belize
Coconuts Caribbean Resort
http://www.coconutsbelize.com
C
C
Just because it is busy in Playa, doesn't necessarily mean that the owners are making a profit. Rents on the Fifth are astronomical. I had heard a few years ago, that some of the larger spaces were renting for 30k U.S. a month, and recently I read that Burger King is paying 30k a month for their store on the 5th. That's a lot of burgers.
The grass is always greener...

T
T
As a side note based on my research the landing fees for planes and passengers is very very very low in Belize. It does not make up a significant percentage of the ticket fees. This is certainly not the issue or reason of the high ticket prices.

P
OP Offline
P
No, I think it's simply lack of competition that allows the airlines to charge whatever they want.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.