Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
J
Sweetjane I have been to Belize but not for awhile. I am just saying that the Gov of Belize should give a cut back if they are willing to get the microchip. So instead of $22 belizean dollars maybe charge them $11.00 or something. It is a once in a lifetime payment to help the Humaine Society locate the owners of the dog. How many stray's are on AC? And what is SAGA is it like an SPCA

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
J
J
How many dogs do they have in there possesion?

We don't even register our dogs - let alone have a microchip system. The SAGA society is our humane society. It is a non-profit organization and has a small core staff plus a lot of volunteers. SAGA relies mainly on donations, fundraisers and volunteers. Without SAGA there would not be a full time vet on the island. We have a small dog shelter that can only house a finite numbers of pups at a time and the currently the cattery is situated in the clinic, which is also the vet's home.

SAGA will always gladly take donations of any type, money, pet food, pet accessories, medications, bandages etc. as well as hoping to get a volunteer's time to help walk the animals and play with them.

FOTHS (friends of the humane society) is an organization that is focusing on fundraising to assist SAGA not only in its long term goals but from time to time it will also host specific fundraisers in order to assist with funding for day to day operations, maintenance etc.

The government of Belize doesn't organize or assist with SAGA - although I think it might supply the rabies vaccines from time to time.

Last edited by Amanda Syme; 03/11/09 11:39 AM. Reason: correction in the function of FOTHS
T
t42 Offline
T
Collyk My post was never intended to question all the hard work etc SAGA does and now I understand how it happened. The dog was being looked for after being put down and that is really sad the timing of it all. I am Belize City/Ladyville and spend countless hours dealing with strays of which many end up with me. The animal situation as a whole is a really sad state in Belize and all we can do is the best that we can. Kudos to both SAGA and our Belize Animal Shelter here in the city.

t42. I'm very familiar with the great work done by Belize Humane Society in Belize City and I don't envy them. Our problems in San Pedro are tiny in comparison. But they do an amazing job. I've been out to visit their shelter and it was a lovely experience. Thanks for being so supportive of both groups.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

J
J
We have a lady in my city that brings in dogs from Mexico for her business and it is a tax write off for her. Maybe I can get her to bring some dogs up from Belize to help

J
J
Do the dogs come spayed or nuetered?? Curious question

J
J
Just making sure they do come fixed. As I was in St.Marteen (I think) and the dogs never came fixed and they did not care.

T
t42 Offline
T
Jon The Baptist-At the Belize City Shelter they are fixed before adopted out but sadly not adopted out that quickly if at all. I can certainly PM you a contact number if you want to persue it with this lady you mentioned, that would be fantastic.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.