Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Nancy1340 #329092 03/18/09 10:36 PM
I get the impression that the island is made up of various sectors which promote a bit of envy. You have townies, suburbanites and those on the other side of the tracks. When I read many posts about the northern developements, I see alot of dissention, as if it were jealousy based. I am farely new to this site but can see a few of the locals have some kind of cross to bare with the northern home sites.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
champion #329109 03/19/09 07:53 AM
champ - trying to say it nicely: my mom always told me never to assume - if you haven't spent much time there, and have not seen how the island's population lives & lies geographically, i'm not sure how (from this board alone) you can make these assumptions.

i don't live there, but i think you may be reading a bit much into it, and making improper assumptions. don't create dissension where there is none.

moose - i chuckled at 'suburbs' too!!! suburbs on AC!!! LOL!

sweetjane #329111 03/19/09 08:27 AM
I have no dissention. I love the whole island. I agree with sweetjane. Don't make assumptions. AC is a totally different experience. Each area has its advantages and disadvantages.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Impression does not mean assume. None the less, when I read other threads about Belize, I have seen some rather caustic or snide remarks about developments. It just seems that those that reside in town or south are a bit terse about what happens to the north,(which I like to use the verbage Suburbs, its just my funny ha ha). I have not been south enough to know but what I do see are the larger, and what would appear to be, more costly developments on AC. Like any small town in anywhere world, when new fish arrive and bring new ideas and developments, it puts some of the local business people at odds with respect to their position in the community.
Size matters, money talks and BS walks and the like. It may be that because of this site, it becomes more apparent than what is normal. I see that someone was voted on to be reinstated to the site, for whatever reason he was removed, and he seems a bit sideways about some of the developments. Just my observation, no harm intended.

champion #329154 03/19/09 12:50 PM
Champion: Keep reading posts, spend some time on AC, have a few Belikins, and it will all become more clear. I don't know one word that could describe the place and do it justice.

Where is For Hire Beach?

#328844 - 03/17/09 01:57 PM Re: Where would I invest my money on AC [Re: beachbumin]
terrielinn
Aha, someone just walked gingerly into the minefield...

This could get interesting...

Back to the re-education camp for Pedro???

#328846 - 03/17/09 02:02 PM Re: Where would I invest my money on AC [Re: terrielinn]
Pedro1
Cerros Sands is in Corozal

White Sands is north of the bridge

For Hire Beach is north of the bridge

[ don't create dissension where there is none. ]

I am not trying to create any dissension, just trying to understand this island better. I'm just saying that when I spend my time here its been north where the people I meet are not involved with the community where as it seems that there is more
intermingling with the locals if you are in town or south of it.

champion #329163 03/19/09 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by champion
Where is For Hire Beach?

You prove my point. The answer to your question is obvious to some, obscure to others, and unspeakable on this board.

my pet peeve is guys who come into bar restaurants with their shirts off -sit at the bar and do not realise that even if they do not smell that they are covered in sweat -guys put and keep your shirts on when in in a bar-girls can do as they please

Pedro1 #329165 03/19/09 02:05 PM
champion with your comments on the north and south island people (I have developments on both sides of town)I have to ask are you part of For Hire Beach or another development

Last edited by Pedro1; 03/19/09 02:10 PM.
Pedro1 #329167 03/19/09 02:12 PM
guys: no shirt = no service.

girls: no shirt = no problem.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,034
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.