Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
D
We are in the same situation as kdskis2. We were given a week at a timeshare as a wedding gift and choose BLBR for our honeymoon from August 29th - September 5th. We booked there months ago through II and we just found out yesterday that they are closing for "renovations" from August 29th until mid-November. It doesn't take 2 and a half months to put in a pool! It's clear that BLBR didn't get enough reservations to make money in the off-season and have decided to cut their losses and screw us over along with the other 60 people that were booked there through II. Now, after we've booked our $1500 flights we have to choose between Brahma Blue and Costa Maya, both of which don't even compare to BLBR. As a middle-man, II should be doing more to compensate us for our loss but for me, the people at fault for ruining my honeymoon are the owners of BLBR.
kdskis2 - Have you checked out reviews on Brahma Blue? They aren't located on the Carribean side of the Island and the beach there is a lagoon beach. I've also heard that it is difficult to leave that resort b/c of the infrequency of water taxis.

Originally Posted by daisy4
We are in the same situation as kdskis2. We were given a week at a timeshare as a wedding gift and choose BLBR for our honeymoon from August 29th - September 5th. We booked there months ago through II and we just found out yesterday that they are closing for "renovations" from August 29th until mid-November. It doesn't take 2 and a half months to put in a pool! It's clear that BLBR didn't get enough reservations to make money in the off-season and have decided to cut their losses and screw us over along with the other 60 people that were booked there through II. Now, after we've booked our $1500 flights we have to choose between Brahma Blue and Costa Maya, both of which don't even compare to BLBR. As a middle-man, II should be doing more to compensate us for our loss but for me, the people at fault for ruining my honeymoon are the owners of BLBR.
kdskis2 - Have you checked out reviews on Brahma Blue? They aren't located on the Carribean side of the Island and the beach there is a lagoon beach. I've also heard that it is difficult to leave that resort b/c of the infrequency of water taxis.

Are you unconcerned about making such an actionable charge? Seems your only defense would be if it was the truth, and it cannot be as you are offering the thoughts and actions and intent of the owners, all of which you cannot know.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Skippy give this post a break all who read this post know your involed with the place ..You are starting to look silly and are embarrassing the resort and yourself ..People have rights to bitch when shit happens to there trip ..let it go ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Fu chru blush

D
D
I am as concerned about my "actionable charge" as BLBR is about my honeymoon reservation with them. If they wanted to close for the off-season, they should have made that decision before accepting 60+ reservations. This poor business practice shows complete disregard for their customers. You say that I don't know the intent of the owners, well since you obviously know the owners, why don't you get them on here to enlighten us on their intents? Until then, I'll be posting about my experience on every travel review site I can find.

Last edited by daisy4; 05/15/09 12:07 PM.
Originally Posted by captjeff
Skippy give this post a break all who read this post know your involed with the place ..You are starting to look silly and are embarrassing the resort and yourself ..People have rights to bitch when shit happens to there trip ..let it go ..

Completely false as usual "captain" jeff. No affiliation whatsoever. Just trying to rein in obviously unfair comments about a successful AC business, when it's the non-AC business middleman/management company that is at fault. Get a grip.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
D
D
How is this II's fault? BLBR decided to close, II didn't make that decision for them!

You just joined here, obviously to slam the resort. Either you are with the management company, or you joined with the express purpose of harming the reputation of a successful AC business. Either way, we've seen it before here. The resort is an exemplary operation, and I believe they have been unfairly maligned without proof by you or the thread author. Is that clear enough for you?

Skippy, I too agree that the fault lies with BLBR. In as much as they are associated with II and in as much when II performs their function to provide timeshare lodging for members its with contractual agreements with the resorts to provide lodging. So, with that in mind, any arangements made to accomodate the members should have been denied do to their shutdown proceedures. It would appear that was not the case.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
C
C
Skippy your logic about people joining just to slam the resort is bad. You are right - this resort does offer guests a fantastic experience and is a great resort. But you can't fault people for being concerned about a lack of communication stemming from BLBR. I have work experience in a similar (not timeshare) travel biz. Why would II offer rooms that were not available and cause themselves such headaches? They sell what they are told they can sell. It's a simply and unfortunately common issue industry-wide that happens all the time. BLBR will be around successfully for a long time because they will deserve to be. But your heated exchanges are not helping and ARE making the resort look bad.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.