Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
ron Offline
R
I have been using Hyde Shipping out of Medley, FL (Miami) For the past few months shipping much stuff to Belize. So far no car but for everything else they seem real good. You can email Benny at [email protected] I'm sure he can give you a quote. You'll have to get a customs broker in Belize to clear customs and pay the GOB their pound.

They ship out of Port Everglades. I shippped my swimming pool down with them - 15 X 30ft - no problems and reasonably priced.

I have used Hyde no problem and in Feb. I drove down driving thru Mx. is great

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the information. You guys have been a great help.
I did research the internet but found it was difficult.

Good morning,

Was just reading the posts on your sitation and will say only that driving a vehicle from the US to Belize isn't as bad as many make out. In late July 2008, I drove a 30' motor home down while towing a Chevrolet 3/4 ton pickup. My main peeve/problem was with some of the road signs being lacking or non-existent and the darned speed bumps in the roads of Mexico which can come up unexpectedly to shake your teeth for you. Outside of this, the trip from Brownsville, Texas to Belize City, approximately 1,400 miles took two days and was much less costly than your shipping costs. I drove the Chevrolet back to the US, same route, 1,400 miles and found the highways in superior condition and traffic minimal problem. So, I recommend you do the drive and save yourself a pocket full of change. You can always find a driver to make the trip for you if you don't want to enjoy the drive.

Harvey Wood
Tim Callanan had a great story about driving down - how about posting it here Tim?????

T
T
Sorry Amanda,
Tina is writing a book and this adventure is one whole chapter.We can't decide which title,"What were you thinking" or "Never- ever- again". Yikes what a nightmare

Well, we will just have to wait for book.

Y
Y
There's a good container shipper out of Miami called a1auto transport and they do both container and RORO shipping. Not sure of the what they might charge, but there an option with an office based out of the port of Miami (or near it). I haven't used them myself but I have relatives in that area and I know they do a lot of international vehicle shipments. I would think they would be less than 4,500.

Y
Y
I apologize - this is a 10 yr old question. Kind of new here and went searching for stuff about Miami.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.