Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
To add to my above post regarding Brahama Blue - II should be able to put you into a two bedroom unit September 5 - 12. I just checked II and they have "Getaways" available during that week for both 1 and 2 bedroom units. Brahama looks like a fine place - and not really far from activities as others have commented.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Strangely, II has "getaways" at Brahma Blue, Captain Morgan's and Costa Maya for various dates in the next 6 months, but no "exchanges". Go figure. There are a total of 7 AC properties with II.

Last edited by Moose in Belize; 06/03/09 03:03 PM. Reason: the spelling police

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Yes Moose, I find it strange too. Guess they want to see real dollars rather than exchanges.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
I guess before I recommend a hotel, I should visit it. I have not been to Brahama Blue so cannot really recommend it. I can recommend Xanadu, one of my favorite places which would be perfect for two couples on a week holiday.

T
T
Originally Posted by Moose in Belize
Strangely, II has "getaways" at Brahma Blue, Captain Morgan's and Costa Maya for various dates in the next 6 months, but no "exchanges". Go figure. There are a total of 7 AC properties with II.

In order for a timeshare resort to have an exchange, a timeshare owner at their resort must "bank" their week with the exchange company. They do this when they would prefer to go somewhere else that year. They then see what is available for them elsewhere. All timeshare resorts also have rooms for rent so to speak and for the above mentioned reason may not have any exchange at a particular time

Tricky - Totally understand how timeshares and II work. I think that there's more to the story than meets the eye (for Brahma Blue). I just hope that the posters find an alternative place to stay.

Last edited by Gela; 06/03/09 10:55 PM.

kdskis2 Offline OP
OP Offline
I cannot get the deal with getaways. Not listed for Brahma for us with II. I checked yesterday. We have to have someone to deposit a 2br there to get a 2br at Brahma or anyone else as someone above has mentioned. Costa Maya is the only one that has getaways and we would prefer not to stay there and it is more expensive than what we would pay closer in town on our own accord. As it is, Brahma sounds great for us, have spoken with Gladys there multiple times via emails and looking forward to our trip there. Our friends have opted to get there own place so it has worked out just fine for us. Maybe another trip we can stay at Legacy. We may boat ride over to see the place, however. Can we access the beach at Legacy even though they will be closed(from the water)??? Anyone??

Life is what happens when you are making other plans!
all beaches are public.

N
N
I am in the process of trying to track dates and times...when did II find out Legac was closing...I was told last week that they knew in January (by Joshua at II.)_ that this resort would not be open at that time..Is that true?? We are going to try to plea to someone for some kind of response. Call II every other day...no one returns out calls. Who have you contacted in II that I can also write a letter/email to. Belize Legacy has been great to us, but we are looking at 600.00 in airline fees because no one told us about this resort closing after we were booked last year in December, 2008 for September 2009 visit. Airlines are charging to change tickets...Any help you can give us will be GREATLY appreciated...Thank you...Rich

niklauryn, have you been calling II on their 800 #? Perhaps you can get a real person on the phone that can help you rather than wait to be called back if you call them on their Exchange Services toll line: 305-666-1884. There is a customer support phone number: 305-668-3414 or a customer relations email: [email protected].

Their hours vary depending on the day of the week: M-F 9am - 11:00pm EDT, Sat,Sun,Hol 10am-8pm.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.