Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
i'm with simon too - do it the right way and stop breaking the laws. get work THAT A BELIZEAN CANNOT DO & a get a WORK PERMIT. pay your permit fees and don't take labor work away from locals who can do that work. what she is asking is against the law there, period, and no one (let alone an admin) should advocate doing it on a public message board. if he can get hired for a job a belizean cannot do, and the employer is willing to help them get a work permit (like we were trying to do fees & all - the right way - but STILL couldnt afford to live there), then of course they have my full support, which is worth zero here.

-signed, an almost-was-but-not-gonna-be future legal resident

L
L

"I'm not interested in violation of labor laws / visa regs... just a genuine need."
Wow, I read this to mean just the opposite from the other intrepretation being put forward here. More like "I'm not interested in violating the local labour laws but if it would not be violating the law I have a need"
Being one who always has her foot in her mouth, I would rather give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that her choice of words was not the greatest before getting out the tar and feathers. Hopefully she will see what Simon read and clarify, cause it is rather bold for someone to come on here and ask help to circumvent the law.

S
S
If I read it wrong I'm sure I would have been corrected when the poster reviewed the responses. That hasn't happened so I can only assume that I read it correctly (I saw the user logged on yesterday in the Who's Online box beside this post).

L
L
I guess I am still surprised by the lack of morals and sense of social responsibility of people.

very good point, red. personally, i was replying to a response, rather than the original post. i'm sure the poster didn't mean harm.

S
S
I'm still having a hard time reading it any other way but then again maybe I'm just bitchy.

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks lil red' you are absolutely correct! Wow- seriosly? I just meant we would like to visit the country and pay back to someone who might have a need for some help. Yes- It appears I misused my words and Simon- dude- you're quick to resent and be angry. I get it k? People are misusing labor avenues according to your words. I actually read your reply about five times to Labor guy before I wrote my blog just so I didn't come across as being 'one of those.' I'm not one of them. Please, let me rephrase. I'd like to visit for a month with my family. My husband needs physical labor to maintain his sanity. Seriously. He can't just sit around. If that means a work permit or other conversations- I welcome them. I accessed this board for productive ideas not accusations and assumptions that are irritating. I've never done reader board before so my lingo is a bit immature.

T
T
Originally Posted by sweetjane
very good point, red. personally, i was replying to a response, rather than the original post. i'm sure the poster didn't mean harm.
(I'm sure the poster didn't mean harm)I so agree Jane,we all need to educate them.They need to know this can be devastating for our fellow struggling islanders.Give it a shot if ya like, if it doesn't work out John Woods always needs labor,free food and lodging. Consider volunteering

T
T
You read wrong no biggie,would he like to build for a non-profit??

Last edited by Tim Callanan; 07/15/09 07:18 PM. Reason: spell
A
OP Offline
A
FOR SURE!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.