Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Many of the subdivisions north of the bridge have legal designated public roadways and these roadways are shown on the registered index map. In some areas there is not a designated roadway but the eminent domain roadway will follow the power lines in the areas that it is possible to traverse.

SP Daily #346069 07/23/09 06:13 PM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by jesse
Gov't. has absolute power to take land to build this road...end if discussion!

Jesse, that sounded very agressive to say the least.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
champion #346071 07/23/09 06:24 PM
S
S
Yup...

elbert #346329 07/25/09 09:06 PM
TALK ABOUT TIMING.I JUST 3 OR 4 DAYS AGO WROTE TO THE TOWN BOARD CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION OF A ROAD UP NORTH,IM INTERESTED AS I OWN PROPERTY IN HABANEROS AND I ALSO PAY TAXES, LITTLE AS THEY ARE. THEY ADVISED ME OF THE DECLARATION AND THE SURVEY TO BE DONE POST HASTE. ABOUT TIME I GET SOMETHING FOR MY PAYMENTS SINCE UNLIKE MOST, I DONT GET ANY BENEFIT FROM SUCH TAXES.I NOW ACTUALLY HAVE AN INCENTIVE TO VISIT THE ISLAND AS WELL AS ENJOY THE FISHING AND DIVING FOR WHICH I INITIALLY BOUGHT THE PARCEL. I CAN ACTUALLY SEE FOR MYSELF IF THE AREA OF HABANEROS IS REALLY A SWAMP AS ONE OR TWO OF THE WRITERS ON THE BOARD HAVE INPLIED, OR WAS THAT JUST A RUSE TO KEEP ANY ONE ELSE FROM COMING TO THE ISLAND TO BUY PROPERTY AND INCREASE THE POPULATION OF THE CAYE. FUNNY SINCE I UNDERSTAND THAT HABANEROS IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS ON THE CAYE.OR IS IT?ANY ONE PRIVY TO IMFORMATION AS TO WHAT THE ROAD WILL BE LIKE,SAN,DIRT,HARD SURFACE? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IMPUT.PLEASE NO MORE MISIMFORMATION.

boricua #346331 07/26/09 02:00 AM
There is no swamp at the Beach Site of Habaneros, except you bought a piece of swamp by the Lagoon.

As a sample, when George Pharham was starting to sell his property, he already planned roads between the lots, and this roads are shown on the survey.

I'm happy when they start building the road, because all the traffic and garbage is going in the moment over my Beach Property.

Cayemen #346338 07/26/09 08:38 AM
boricua, why are you yelling? Calm down or you will have a heart attack before you see your property, and emergency response on AC is questionable. You bought your property, knowing that there was no road access, so what's the problem? Sounds like you didn't even see the property before you bought it. Cayemen thinks you own swamp. Take the water taxi and have a look. Lots of people up north like the fact that there is no road. They call it privacy.

So here's the imformation (sic) that I heard from a guy selling timeshares 100' from his booth on the beach by Central Park: 6 lanes, paved, concrete sound barriers, 50' high halogen light towers in the centre median, interchanges every 2 miles, tourist information centre with free Belikin on draft just across the bridge, Texaco, 7-Eleven, Wendy's drive-thru and Motel 6 at mile 6, Walmart, Macdonald's and Super 8 at mile 8, Habaneros Margaritaville at mile 10, Holiday Inn Express at mile 12, PedroWorld theme park at mile 15, and a bridge to Mexico at the end, and no MOSQUITOS. There's your tax dollar working for you. Enjoy your piece of paradise. wink

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Yep that must be the same guy that sold me my land in 1986.
except he said their where no mosquitoes or snakes on the island.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
T
T
Moose you forgot the new airport

Originally Posted by Tim Callanan
Moose you forgot the new airport

Sorry Tim, I didn't want to let the airport cat out of the bag. I could have included the NASCAR track and nuclear generating station as well. We can kiss Mexico power goodbye. As for AC International (BAC), just close your eyes and see those 787s arriving from Europe, filled with happy travellers destined for the all-inclusive resorts. Woo hoo, Ambergris Caye beaches go topless. Too bad about the exhaust fumes killing the reef. Oh well, we can't stop progress.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
JUST AS I THOUGHT.I GOT HERE FIRST SO YOU CANT COME HERE AND PLAY TOO. THATS THE ATTITUDE I SENSE FROM THE RECENT ANSWER TO MY REQUEST FOR IMFORMATION.FUNNY THING THE PRICE I PAID FOR MY LOT HAS INCREASED 3 FOLD. DO ME ME A FAVOR IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THEN DONT.I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR POOR ATTEMTS AT HUMOR, ACTUALLY THEY ARE PITIFUL,GET A LIFE,I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN ON A DESERTED ISLAND FOR TOO LONG.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
2 members (JayinOhio, 1 invisible), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.