Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Originally Posted by iluvbelize
...as if the bees need this crap on top of the GMO hybrid seeds pervading the earth.

I agree. The guys that create the problem run around saying we have the solution - everyone bites the 'save us pill'.

Kinda like the economic policy of fiat capital. Kinda like H1N1. no, I cant see a trends.

A
A
Originally Posted by skippy

What it is, is another stunning technological breakthrough by Israeli scientists, a gift to the world. Meanwhile the scientific advancements by the sworn enemies of their existence are nil, still, to this day. What a world.

I have a poor sense of the humor. that was a joke right? Thats kinda like thanking Bayer for their contribution to AIDS research.

P
P
So we disagree.

Can we get this straight - do you think there isn't a disease that's wiping out bees, that there is but it doesn't matter, or that this vaccine is actually a con trick? Or something else?

i do agree that the bee populations are declining and suffering due to many circumstances. i do not think that monkey-ing around with vaccines for bees is a good idea. as i clearly stated above, i suspect that the plants grown from GMO (genetically modified organism) seeds have strained the bees' natural pollination methods and have quite possibly injured their natural biochemistry. this damage occurs not only to the bees, but many other living creatures, including humans who eat that GMO crap (and its very difficult to avoid it!).

LOL jane that was definitely off subject! so now you are the devil's advocate and the bees' advocate smile

I'm a bit confused though. surely you did not intend to infer that either the bees or the Israeli company who is drumming up this bee vaccine fiasco 'gave us' arabic numerals, math and the abacus? Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.

Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.

I would hope you learned something after spending 4 years in 5th grade. smile

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
sounds like you're still in the 5th grade. be careful on the playground - no doubt you are a popular target wink

skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL jane that was definitely off subject! so now you are the devil's advocate and the bees' advocate smile

I'm a bit confused though. surely you did not intend to infer that either the bees or the Israeli company who is drumming up this bee vaccine fiasco 'gave us' arabic numerals, math and the abacus? Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.

She was trying to defend against my assertion that Israelis (all 7 million of them) have made many truly great scientific discoveries in a few decades while those of the Islam/kill the Jews persuasion (billions of them) have contributed nothing but death and suffering but they sure treat women well, don't they?

Trouble is, she was wrong. Even if she had been right, things done centuries ago don't count. They weren't yet barbarians then, but have become so lately.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Geez skippy - What the ??? I'm sure jane can speak for herself, so don't insult her and i by dumping your hate for arabs on the table here. So you're in love with the Israelis, whatever. I don't agree with your assertion that "Israelis (all 7 million of them) have made many truly great scientific discoveries..." That's just nonsense. I have no idea what you're talking about in your second sentence, and I don't have a burning desire to know at this point. Your vitriol toward "those of the Islam/kill the Jews persuasion" is crushing. I prefer to not judge members of nations or religions against another, but rather to deal with each person on his/her individual merits, or lack thereof. Otherwise, you're getting into a wretched mess of falling prey to the old divide and conquer strategy.

N
N
Ya know every time someone "fixes" one thing it screws up something else. Every time they eliminate one thing it opens up a great big door for something else to come in. Every RX you take has repercussions. Why would this be any different?

Nature has had a pretty good system going for a while.

Try Googling Cudzue and African Bees and see what problems those two things have caused the US.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.