Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I see no problem advertising a local's discount as they are the people who will most frequent the service. It could be marketed in a much better fashion though.

R
R
agree smile

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
R
R
#3 was my quess. smirk I'll take care of that with a tip.

Last edited by ragman; 08/03/09 11:54 AM. Reason: after thought

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
S
S
Topic: Local prices

I for one appreciate that local businesses give us (I reside on the island although some may not consider me local) a break on prices. Openly advertising it could be problematic. However, I would think this would be a great way to create loyalty and have locals recommend your product (if they are happy with it of course). In my limited experience, there are very few places willing to sacrifice profit margin in return for increased volume. There are pros and cons to this of course......

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by ragman
#3 was my quess. smirk I'll take care of that with a tip.

I'm smiling ragman. Tiping as a sign your a local...
I knew 'How do you determine whos a Local' would give us something to laugh about.
i just got charged the tourist rate but a sanpedroanio standing near said, "no Hes a local, he just looks like a gringo' :-).
Locals definitely need a discounted rate and another for school children on their way to and from school.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I think we all understand about the price breaks given to locals. Tacogirl mentioned once that her favourite fruit/vegetable stand has reduced prices for locals. I'm sure the grocery stores must have local price reductions as well, otherwise who could afford to live there. I would hope that local translates to regular, in other words more than a 1 week tourist, whether you were born in Belize, are a full time resident, own property, or spend several months a year on AC.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
P
P
It's usually based on whether you speak Spanish or Creol. If you just speak English forget it, even if you've lived here for years.

E
E
Not true. When we lived on thr island. we got discounts with Tropic, many restuarants, bars, etc,etc.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep. I conjugate a lot-o of verbs and get a local discount.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Originally Posted by deadserious
I see no problem advertising a local's discount as they are the people who will most frequent the service. It could be marketed in a much better fashion though.

Locals disount is a huge factor in seasonal towns..In Moab winter was quiet, in Red Lodge, we had 2 shoulder seasons, between the Ski Hill closing and the pass to Yellowstone opening.

GM pays warranty based on the average cost of labor on a sample of 30 consecutive Repair Orders.....

My solution...a high labor cost for the area, which would still look low for a visitor from a Metro Area, and a locals discount card, that gave 20% off "cash " kobs, but still got me a decent rate for warranty work!

Advertise Full Price, then give a locals discount.

How would you determine "locals" .....in San Pedro its pretty easy..if I dial a 7 digit number and that phone in your hand rihgs....discount smile

If it takes a 001 and then 10 digits....big bucks for the taxi man wink

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.