Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I recently saw a propery near the airstrip being offered with runway access shocked

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
That might be legit.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
I guess I'm in the minority...I think allowing motorized access to the beach is critical until the road is finished/paved.

S
S
There's nothing wrong with the road for motorcycles (right now) no need to ride the beach and the road is faster. Once it rains though...

S
S
Guess you havent been WAY north, north of Maya or around Saphire recently? Its impassable on anything but a dirtbike, not even s street bike will do...and you can go MUCH faster on the beach safely...

How about having the restriction be as far north as the paved road...then as the rad extends north, so will the restriction...and when the rad is done...it will all be restricted. I see no harm in this.

Last edited by stormchaser404; 09/03/09 05:47 PM.
S
S
"and you can go MUCH faster on the beach safely..."

You haven't seen me ride...

Originally Posted by stormchaser404
I guess I'm in the minority...I think allowing motorized access to the beach is critical until the road is finished/paved.

There are resort hotels and private homes situated on the beach north of the bridge. There have been many near misses of motorcycles and children on the beach.

If you were paying $350US per night plus to have a romantic or simply relaxing holiday where you could lay out on the beach - do you think it would be right to have motorcycles whizzing by between you and sea?

There are many misconceptions about who the beach belongs to - Everybody has been lax about this for so long but the problems are becoming tougher to ignore. There is no legislation preventing motorized vehicles from traveling on the beach - looks like it might be time to make some.

If you don't find the road passable then a boat would be a better option to traveling up the coast. And you will see that this is the typical mode of transportation for land owners that are north of Costa Maya.

Apartheid??!? Geez, elbert . . .

Now having said that . . if it was my beach . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Well ya see the point is its the government beach so no one can keep others out .
I want to keep the 'us and them' attitude down its 'WE ALL' and the Sun article made it seem like the common poor people verses the privileged rich . I don't think that is whats going on here.
Does no one see the environmental factor of driving up and down the beach every day in motorized vehicles? We actually have frigin 5 o'clock traffic not just a few isolated ass holes.
erosion, turtle nests, bird nests, plant life all connected to what the economy depends on.
The beach is a delicate habitat supporting flora and fauna. Its getting trashed by the towns failure to act in building a road and making people use it.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I agree with Elbert's post above regarding the preservation of the beach - that is why we have a beach "reserve." The reserve is an area that is not to be developed. But it is not government land.

The story in the San Pedro Sun a few weeks ago was incorrect on so many issues - I was quite surprised that they let the story go to press without conducting basic legal due dilegence.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.