Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Flown both, a lot more on Maya than Tropic because of the discount. I have never been left waiting because of a cancelled flight, due to a lack of passengers. I have flown on several flights (3 flights I think) with them where it was just my wife, daughter, and I.

Last flight with them was late October 2009...

Last edited by D.O.A.; 12/22/09 02:18 PM.
I've had Tropic take me from International to San Pedro when I was the only one on the plane shocked They have been good to us for the last 5 years.....wouldn't change now.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Maya gives you 20% cash discount as of the past couple of months. I always fly Maya.

Sounds like flying Maya is the same as flying by the seat of your pants. I have only flown Tropic and nothing I have read here would make me change in the future.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
N
N
We used Tropic for our AC vacation in September and it was great..left on time...friendly service.

Some pics of TROPIC AIR and the new building... [url=http://travel.webshots.com/album/575988960FWpzxI?vhost=travel][/url] http://travel.webshots.com/album/575988960FWpzxI?vhost=travel

Last edited by wade the gringo; 12/23/09 08:47 AM.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Nice post Wade. The Tropic building is the result of growing a business by offering great professional service, not cutting into profits by offering last minute cash discounts in an effort to attract customers, and then investing those profits back into the business. It's simple economics.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Originally Posted by Moose In Belize
Nice post Wade. The Tropic building is the result of growing a business by offering great professional service, not cutting into profits by offering last minute cash discounts in an effort to attract customers, and then investing those profits back into the business. It's simple economics.

Don't limit your commments to San Pedro. Have you see the Maya building in Corozal. I mean if we're going to let buildings be the judge of a successful business and good economics then lets make sure our data is accurate.

What about Maya Regional? In my opinion, both airlines are good working businesses. Maya has cheaper freight as well as cheaper flights. Granted, from the public opinion expressed here in the forum it seems people have had problems with Maya in the past. For me personally, a consistent 20%-30% discount is the seller to me. If something comes up with the flight, jump in on Tropic if needed. You can still use your ticket with Maya for up to 365 days after purchase date. If money wasn't an issue, I'd fly Tropic...but Maya is my current preference.

From the looks of things, both airlines are great and I love the way they are heading in two different directions, literally. It seems from most recent developments that Maya is working on North-South flights (Cancun, Savannah, San Pedro Sula) while Tropic is putting their efforts to East-West (Antigua, Guat City, Flores).

P
P
Not "in the past". Right up to date. And Maya have recently stopped allowing freight to be paid for on collection - I know this because I receive freight from several people inside Belize - they all used to use Maya, and they've all switched to Tropic. That's in the last couple of months.

At Dangriga the Maya building is far more impressive than the Tropic wooden shack, and far more pleasant to wait in . Which is just as well, because the last time I was there wanting to return to San Pedro they decided not to run my plane. Purely a commercial decision, as the plane was sitting on the ground and there was nothing wrong with it. The next scheduled flight was 2 hours later, and fortunately they did send that one. However, that meant I now had no sensible connection in Belize City and the next available flight when it came was already full, so what should have been a 50 minute journey took almost 6 hours.

In terms of professionalism Tropic wins hands down.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.