Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
L
frown yes its really a nightmare

Joanne who is here for 2 months regularly seems to have a bag go missing but it always turns up in a day or so - they have never lost one yet.

Happened to my cousin this time around too and sure enough bag was at Tropic the next day which was lucky as it had his new snorkel gear in it.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

this is traveling out of Canada to the US, not going back US to Canada. It is a Canada regulation and has nothing to do with which airline you fly on. I could not bring anything in the laptop case except for the laptop and charger. You have to pick between a purse or laptop, not both. They asked me to check all software, books, business docs, etc. Only had laptop, IDs, and money. Really silly.

V
OP Offline
V
'I Do', when did you fly? You are supposed to again be able to take a carry-on along with a laptop and/or purse now, as per before, and as of January 19th.

It is silly...I heard on Talk Radio last week from a 'security consultant' that the line-ups they caused with the 'higher' security checks actually caused a far more dangerous issue, since the airports were so crowded and backlogged (you could barely move it was so jammed), we made ourselves an even easier target if someone was going for 'volume'.

N
N
We flew Jan 30th and had no problems going through security at Terminal 3. They had enough agents on duty, however they have NOT done anyting to improve their manners. You are now allowed one personal item and one carry-on as pre Dec 25th. So things are essentially back to normal.

V
OP Offline
V
I hear you. It boggles my mind that as a consumer, nowhere else can I pay $1200+ to be treated like crap from the ticket counter through to the plane and then some. I must say, Westjet has a completely different attitude towards their paying customers (nothing to be done about those security people throwing their weight around) so I think I will try them next time to Cancun and then Maya onwards from there.

I made a trip to the Canary Islands a while ago and never saw my luggage the whole time I was there. Too bad I had to shop for a whole new wardrobe of lovely Spanish clothes and shoes;-) Fortunately it was pre Euro and the prices were incredibly cheap.

Those full body scanners are bad news for your DNA....

Last edited by Barbara K; 02/02/10 10:12 AM.
L
L
Hope that doesn't happen to me if I go to Spain again! I didn't lose my luggage, but went crazy on the beautiful shoes they have over there! lol

N
N
So true verbatim... This time we used Continental and I must admit the service was good! Air Canada could take some lessons for sure! I have never met such a surley, arrogant collection of flight attendants... and when I said 'Hi' en anglais and the attendant responded en francais and continued to talk to me in French for the rest of the flight even though I spoke in English to him I decided Air Canada is the LAST airline of choice for me!
If you want to feel like a 'pain in the ass' and pay for the privelege then fly Air Canada Hmm sounds like a new motto... lol

Why don't you guys boot those Frenchies outa there? Imagine, advertising in 1 language.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.