Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
L
First trip in 2000 and I remember partying with the British soldiers...we did cannonballs in all the pools around midnight. LOL

RMT Offline
1999 was our first trip....been awhile since we have been back however.

Laurie, we need more details...LOL..please elaborate....

November 2005 . . didn't know a soul, but we were ready for an adventure. Got snookered into a tour of condos at Banyan bay our very first morning . .learned that lesson early on!! Fell in love with the people and the place, and through this board have made wonderful friends. Back for trip #6 in April!!

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
S
S
June 1994. Arrived at Goldson with no plans and literally decided on AC by asking around at the airport. After a very interesting taxi ride upon arrival at SPR, complete with complimentary "island herb" decided on staying at the Playador (Exotic Caye) and still remember some crazy, drunken golf cart adventures with Harry and Whyo, fierce domino games at Crazy Canucks - remember Kit Lokey? He was practically a fixture there. I can't remember how many times I've been down since then, but adding another stamp to the passport this Saturday. Can't wait.

March 1992..newly single mum with 2 kids in tow! 26 visits later I continue to love Belize.... laugh heart

I remember those times too Scrumbum!! blush

I am such a newbie...had been going to Cozumel for 15 years, then the hurricane hit there, so we tried Jamaica, decided we needed better snorkeling so my mom and I tried on San Pedro for size. Made a promise to myself to come back every year and save my pennies but I lied. I come here twice a year now and got a second job to save more pennies. Now, I plan on staying for 4 months next year...I think I need an intervention...

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
By the by...I love hearing the stories...keep 'em rolllin'!

The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish
Jaques Cousteau
My first trip was June of 2000. I accompanied a friend that had been to the mainland and Caye Caulker in the early 90's. He once drove an "old" EMT vehicle thru Mexico with a couple other guys to sell it in Belize. Not a very successful financial adventure but packed with fun!
We spent the first 8 days touring the mainland before heading to SP for the next week or so. Met lots of great folks that made our stay special. We spent the first nite at Coconuts And the rest of the stay at Playador/Crazy Canucks. Went to the 2000 Lobster fest on CC. Met Charlie at Estelles and Casey,Dennis Wolf and a covey of memorable others! Went every couple years after but not lately due to personal reasons. Spent 5 days on CC the last time and did the Raggamuffin trip to Plancencia the last trip.
Gotta get back soon tho before the changes are too great.
Really miss the place.
Richard

My first trip was May of 2001. It was just a little over six months after Hurricane Keith - AC had recovered to the point where you wouldn't have even known it was hit hard.

I watched this message board for those six months before arriving and knew I already loved the island and its people.

9/11 happened a few months later, and in defiance, I got on a plane in December for my second visit. I've had a total of 10 visits, and can't wait to plan the next one.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.