Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
J
J
We started coming to Belize in June of 2003. First stay was at Blue Tang. Since then, it's been a couple of trips a year, until this year. We bought a condo in 2006, and are now here for the winter.

L
L
For years we took pics of the Good Friday Procession. That was when all the ladies wore white blouses and dark skirts and the men long dark pants. We found them a few years ago and gave them to the Church for their archives. I remember there was one picture of a very "skinny" Eddie Halliday.

R.B. Mernitz
we met a another couple at ramons rented a cart for a day and with our 4 killer hangovers, drove all around. once we left sp proper - there was nothing. we drove and drove, and other than a house here n there, nothing. we took video, and i still have the tape in my closet (rated R for language and content!!) smile

March 2008 and returning for my 5th trip within 2 years. Beutiful place, beutiful people and wonderful friends. Absolutely amazing and I've been around the world a couple of times and there is no other place in the world like it! I don't heart it much!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
First trip
August 1993 with husband.
We could not keep the secret of paradise, now the whole family is in love with Ambergris. Many trips since, some alone, two trips with the family. Grand Daughter and Ariel had their wedding at Journey's End November 2008. Now his family is in love with the island.

Dare To Deviate
I was booked for a September 21st arrival in 2001 with another fireman pal. We all know how that went. The airline honored my ticket and I rebooked for April, Easter week, 2002. I met Kristine in October and decided to bring her along, as she is MUCH cuter than my fireman buddy.
When we walked out onto the Belize Yacht Club property and saw the sea we both looked at each other and said "we're home".
We went up to the Palapa Bar and watched Dennis Wolf play and see a little kid with a mullet on drums. I have to look up now to that little kid now when I say hi.
Tanisha took us to Lamanai and Daniel invited us to his sons 10th birthday party. We stopped in and met the entire Nunez clan. That little 10 year old kid is featured in an ad to your right on this page.
As we rode up to the north across the hand ferry we saw a giant open field with two houses on it. I looked around, looked up and sighed. Kristine asked, "Is that all you think about is skydiving?" I couldn't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have a boogie there.
I went to the Tropic Air office and met Johnny Grief. I told him I needed a plane and the doors off and seats out for a week. He laughed, was nice and kindly said "no way in hell will the GOB let that happen".
I told some of the local BC regulars about my plan to bring jumpers. They were polite, but all thought I was nuts. (I am, so what?)
When we got on the plane we were so damn sad.
So all these years later have been amazing. We think of SP as home. We have spent wonderful holidays with great friends. We got married above the Blue Water Grill.
It's been a hell of a ride so far! I dream about being in freefall over the reef all of the time. Those of you that have experienced it can relate. Skydiving has taken me around the world, but nowhere is as amazing to see from above than Ambergris Caye. I think Monday is trip 19 or 20.
I'm so looking forward to Chapter Two.

Our fist time was February of 1987. We arrived to dive for a week, stayed at the Paradise Hotel in a palapa. The weather was so windy that we couldn't dive every day, and ended up not using the "package" we'd bought....so Jerry McDermot who owned the Paradise said, "wish you guys were staying as I'd sure let you use the rest of your dives from the package" Little did he know that we WERE staying, and ended up in our friend Dottie's house behind the hotel for another two weeks (6 week trip in all!) and used all of our dives and then some. Claudio Trejo was our dive guide - he was the best. His son has returned to SP in fact. Jerry got us back though - he let us keep a tab at the bar while we remained on the Caye (does anybode else remember the Paradise bar? It was a blast!) and by the time we left, the tab was far more than the room would have cost!!

We have been returning ever since - lost count of the number of times two passports ago. Other memories are so profound and so dear, but I won't bore you all with them - it's still a magical place!! We now have a second home in Belize - and it's always in our hearts.

May, 2003......my daughter called me and announced that her and her fiance wanted to get married on Ambergris Caye, Belize.....my first reaction.......where the hell is Belize?!......we spent a week on the Island with the wedding party and fell in love with the it, particularly the people. Kept going back several times a year and decided to buy our own place in February, 2005 and will retire there eventually.....would have been sooner if it wasn't for the "great" US economy!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
I first came out in September of 2000 for my birthday. I was living on the mainland at the time. I remember getting up on stage with the Punta Boys at the old Fido's but not a whole lot more.

My wife and I's first time will be March 1st 2010. Having been reading on this site for a while and we are looking forward arriving. Staying at Coral Bay. Count down has already begun.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,042
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.