Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
i know there are many differing opinions on this, but personally, i'm with shuffles & ernie. we are so hot & travel-weary once we arrive we just wanna get to our destination and out of our shoes already. sometimes, time really is money.

T
t42 Offline
T
Water taxi at the foot of the swing bridge is 55bz return. The trip via Caye Caulker takes appr an hour and a half.

M
M
The two water taxi services between Belize City, Caye Caulker and Ambergris Caye are:

Caye Caulker Water Taxi Association:
http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com

San Pedro - Belize Express Water Taxi:
http://www.belizewatertaxi.com

Check the websites for schedules, fares, frequently asked questions, and other information.

T
T
It is a nice option to fly threw municipal . It is not all about $ , sometimes its nice to go for a ride threw town . We stop , get a beer chat with our cabbie (Spanish). Our plane often picks up the same passengers we left at the International airport .
Tip: Reserve your seat at municipal before travel ,and call Spanish our taxi driver Taxi-Spanish ( VERY reliable) .

like i said, lots of different opinions on this. tim, you live there, i wait months & months to get there - i want to be there, like, YESTERDAY! LOL!

it's really nice that there are choices so each person can make their travel experience what they want it to be. smile

C
C
The cost of the airfare is indeed a potent factor in destination decisions by visitors. My resort has lost several bookings this year which were lost because of air line costs.
The problem is that Phillip Goldson is a privately owned airport (as Placencia North Airport will be). The owner can charge whatever landing fees he likes.
It is also said that refuelling for the big international jet flights is not available, but I am not sure if this is so. I don't recall seeing a 737 being refuelled.
Now that the runway has been lengthened, it is a pity tht the enlarged airport is not being used for longer haul, larger aircraft which might reduce the cost somewhat.

judging by thew many discussions on international flight pricing, its clear lots of us agree with you, chris.

as for the cost of the puddle-jumper vs the ferry, granted it isnt a choice like a tour, but in a way i consider it $120 pp to view the cayes & reef from the air. i enjoy it immensely time after time, and great photo ops. maybe that's a lot of $ for a 17 minute tour, but helps me justify the cost a bit in my mind. i tell people, yeah, its 100 bucks, but WOW the view is AMAZING, you'll LOVE it! glass half empty, glass half full?

T
T
Jane , we agree on many things . There are some trips I could not pay enough for a plane to take me A.S.A.P.

We have done the muni shuffle the last 2 trips, but we took our 3 kids so the cost savings was compelling.

One thing to note however is that Tropic Air is now gaming the system too.

We took a cab to muni and, to our surprise, actually flew back to Goldson to pick up a few more passengers and then flew to San Pedro.

On the way back, we flew San Pedro to Goldson (no they won't just let you off there) and then to muni. Sounds stupid but I timed it on the return and it was only about 25 minutes from when we landed at Goldson to when we arrived back there in the cab. It was mainly aggravating because it was a full flight and only 2 got off at Goldson (Jason Garret and his wife for any of you Dallas Cowboy fans ... but I don't think that had any bearing).

On the flip side we saved a bunch of cash that paid for most of our 6 day cart rental. Would do it again if we take the kids and the savings are still as compelling. Not worth it if it is just my wife and I.

I got the impression that they just do this opportunistically -- if there is capacity available.

Grady

i forgot to mention tacogirl.com is offering a 10% discount on tropic flights booked in advance, through the website. scroll down the right side of the page to the link:

tacogirl.com

it isn't the same savings as from muni, but it's enough for a few belikins. (or for me a ceviche!)

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,478
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.