Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Is it still winter time up in British Columbia billybob?
bet you guys dont get many hurricanes though, Been through several in the 25 years i've been living on this chunk of bedrock!
Have a Molson on me buddy.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
oppps. OK, so not quite 45 degrees...........seemed much more of a incline in my mind.

S
S
billybob must be an old timer on Ambergris Caye...he speaks with such authority!

JZB Offline
I miss that old house and the critters that lived under it and in it. It was also a huge tourist attraction until it became way to unsafe it had to be torn down to protect the neighbors (us) and the kids who loved to climb up and play in it.

Back on subject, we built our house with many pilings right down to bedrock (about 15') for piece of mind. We built shortly after hurricane Keith and saw all the land that had washed away. If our property ever gets washed away, Its nice to know our house will probably still be standing upright. Leaving all the mangroves on your property and planting lots of coconut trees and other greenery will also help protect your property.

terrij Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you remember if my lot was part of that land that was washed away?

JZB Offline
Originally Posted by elbert
I saw the house Phil is referring to , its true.
That house and many like it where not blown down but the ground/sand below them was washed away.

I think you might be thinking of the Silveria house. He lost a chunk of property as well but his house remained standing.

JZB Offline
Originally Posted by terrij
Do you remember if my lot was part of that land that was washed away?

Most of the major damage happened around the Boca Ciega lagoon. Amanda would probably remember better than I, but I think all the areas around club caribbean and south fared well. I think all the mangroves in the back made a great buffer.

The house in the photo had no protection between it and the lagoon. Remember, hurrican keith struck from the back. If one comes on from the front, it is anyones guess what the damage will be.

terrij Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Josh. Ouch...what are we going to do with no mangroves?

terrij Offline OP
OP Offline
K....seeing as how I can't afford to build the concrete structure I really want right now anyway....maybe I should just pop up a thatched something....when it gets blown away...oh well..........problem is..my husband sais I can't stay down there by myself.....I say I can....but that is contingent on me being able to have my rifle...which is a no-go from what I hear.:-)

T
t42 Offline
T
Egbert just curious how many is several?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,479
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.