Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
I'm sure that's right - nothing technological is ever that simple. But what about this statement from BWS, taken from the SPSun article:-

BWS has been informed by CWBL that they have not been able to run the plant at normal capacity as they have been experiencing unusual matter clogging the filter membranes of the plant. CWBL further informed that they have not been able to clean membranes of this matter and that they have rapidly used up all their available spare membranes and have had to order additional membranes

Are we to understand that these membranes normally don't require replacement and aren't regarded as "consumables", but that something unusual and unpredictable is happening? If so, then that is indeed serious. If the existing membranes have clogged, so presumably will the replacement ones and we may be faced with this problem for a long time to come. Either that or something is wrong with the technology.

S
S
They had a sizable stock of replacement filter cartridges on hand when the incoming water suddenly contained more material that filled the filters...and used up the cartridges unexpectedly. It's always easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize...notice that its always the same complainers.

P
P
So are these filter cartridges or membranes? Completely different items, with different implications. Filter cartridges are designed to be replaced at intervals, membranes usually are not.

I think complaining when the water is off (completely) and we are told that will be the case for several days, following on the tails of a massive price increase, is not unreasonable. Besides, I think a lot of "non regulars" have also objected to this.

P
P
This "unusual matter clogging the filter membranes" problem have anything to do with the new subdivision being created from the mangroves next door, by chance?

Phil. Since when did you get logical?

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

JZB Offline
Its all those dead fish someone keeps tossing into the lagoon clogging the filters! HAHAHAHAHA!

E
E
Out of curiosity Jesse....it seems that in all of the years that we have had service from BWS this is the FIRST time they have had this issue. They have always had plnety of membranes or filters on supply. I think several people have been very valid in raising the issue of the new subdvision...
Remember that this was designated as a buffer zone for the WASA sewage ponds, no EIA was done and there is nothing sweet about sugar caye!
Maybe the developer will buy more filters...about the time he actually replants the mangrove!

P
P
Originally Posted by collyk
Phil. Since when did you get logical?

So I'm not normally huh?

S
S
Why would the water plant be affected by anything to do with the sewer plant some distance away?

P
P
Not sure how far the most Eastern part of the new subdivision is from the Water Plant - +/-200 yards? If they've somehow contaminated the aquafer that the water company well draws it's supply from it's not beyond plausible. I wasn't saying it is the cause, more asking if it was.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.