Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
must be close to ten now.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
M
Oh, that's sad to hear. Had alot of fun at her "Pisces" birthday parties each March (we are both fish). She introduced me to the World Culture Band bwois. RIP Paola.

V
V
Just wanted answer to Gaz Cooper, Let me explain to you in reference to Dancing Toucan Bar . The renters by their actions appear not to have the least bit of consideration for the hotels guests. Loud music, karaoke, screaming, cussing, their dog barking or wandering throughout the facility. These are a few of their annoying habits. People want to have a quiet, relaxing dinner. They want to be able to visit across the table without having to shout and compete with bar noise and listening to that women bellowing away. This is the first winter vacation my wife and I have had since the early 1980's. We have really enjoyed Belize and Coconuts too, except we are forced inside to escape the noise. We enjoy sitting outside in the evenings and unless we walk to another resort down the beach to spend our evening we are forced inside to get away from the bar racket.
We have stayed in several hundred hotels across North America and the Caribbean over the years and most have bars. This place is the only one we ever stayed at where the bar is a free for all and the hotel guests are not considered., i stayed at coconuts for one month at the Garden Suite and not ashamed to say my name which is Charles Porter from Canada to continue to what I am saying is that some nights i could not be even sleep there, the obnoxious and rude bar renters used to make a lot of noise just to irritate the guests and the new owner because they know that the new owner does not want them there, the new owner has been trying to kick them out since he took over the resort for about three months but they seem not to go out, they seem to think that coconuts is their property and want to stay there for their whole life and I think he will the processing a suit against them to take them out, he asked me for a letter to write against them to show in court which I was more than happy to do so because I was disturb by their rude character and on top of that I could not sleep at nights, they played loud music even after 12:00, I was going to stay more days but I left quickly, I love coconuts and I love Margie, she is the greatest and sweetest bartender I have ever met but she is working for the wrong group of people and that is the reason when you asked if the other people are running the bar they got really offended and answered you in a rude manner.

We have been in business all of our adult lives. If I owned a business in a remote area I would appreciate knowing what is going on when I'm not there. They are there just there to cause problem to the new owner of coconuts hotel. We left back earlier than expected to Canada and requested a refund. Will we return to Coconuts? Let me put it this way, we'd need some pretty convincing assurances things had changed for the better before we'd commit to that.

I have to completely agree with verison about the noise from the bar at Coconut's. We stayed at Corna del Mar (great place) in Feb and tried to escape the woman singing karaoke at Coconut's the Friday night of our 4 night trip. She was an absolutely horrible singer. We went down the way to have some drinks hoping that she would be finished by 11 pm but nooooooo. By the time we came back she had a attained an equally horrible partner and they were doing duets!!!!! I went down and asked the bartender when they would be finished and was told not until midnight. I asked if they could at least turn the volume down and I was ignored. Or maybe they just couldn't hear me over the screeching. There weren't a lot of people in the bar at the time (imagine that)so to have it at full volume was totally unnecessary. Our room was located right next to the bar in a different hotel so not only are they being obnoxious to Coconut's guest they are disturbing locations around them.

Last edited by HavinFun; 04/27/10 06:25 PM.

Time flys - have fun!
OMG HavinFun - we stayed at Corona Del Mar in Feb of this year too (loved EVERYONE there), but the screeching and screaming from Coconuts almost put us out of our minds!!! I plan to go to Corona again next Feb and swear to go to Coconuts and "sing" until that gal and her Sinatra buddy publicly off themselves. And then the world will be a better place! smile

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Well I did not mean to open a can of worms all I was asking was about a guy who used to work for me for many years who I had heard was back on the island working at Coconuts.

To tell you the truth it really does not sound like this couple as I cant really imagine Linda belting out Karaoke as she was not the sort to draw attention to herself although certianly had a strong personality.

Unfortunately and I speak from experience here when someone buys a place and inherits a lease to some part of the hotel it generally does not go well for the person that has been leasing the space as the new owners have new ideas and what was a pain in the neck for the previous owner (such as running the bar) becomes an exciting part of being a new owner and they usually want the renters gone and proceed to make that happen and of course the renters get angry as they have a perfectly good lease which no longer wants to be honored so the battles begin.

I really dont know anything about this situation but I am sure there is another side to the story however this is not the medium for these sorts of internal problems to be aired.

regards

Gaz Cooper

hey richard, how are you doing? it's been a long time. funny, i stayed at coconuts on my first trip in 1999. margie, dave & ada were the first folks we met as well. we must have the same travel agent!

S
samray Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Unfortunately not all the facts come out on this message board....there are also tons of letters from people who love the bar. Also please if you intend to stay somewhere, you should do your due diligence and check out there website under Bar. Also, since the new/old owner took over, the music is only on Fridays, which yes is Karoake, and you can not tell someone they cant sing...thats not right. We have turned it down after 10 and it is over at 11pm. There have been several guests partying outside their rooms after midnite which have disturbed guests...no one mentions this. Anyways it will all come out in the wash....we do not think we own the bar, but we were misled by the owner and now feel that we have to defend ourselves and our livelihood.

If Linda and Patrick are "renting" the bar and running it, I'm not sure that dog Verizon complained about is theirs. They didn't have a dog as late as January.

As for the karaoke singer, that is not Linda. I suspect the singer is the person I've seen and sadly heard, many times. This woman loves to sing but it is true, no one can tell her what a horrible singer she is. Unfortunately for those in attendance, she makes an effort to attend and sing at any and all of the karoke sessions on the island.

My ears are bleeding just remembering it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Bohemian Rhapsody perhaps?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.