Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Seems to me that if the certificate is revoked by PADI the student would have recourse against the dive shop/dive master. It is important for students to know the qualifications of any dive instructor - a due diligence review of the instructor's official ID and certificates, etc. and confirmation from PADI that the instructor is in good standing, etc. is in order when engaging in one of the coolest, but fairly risky, sports.

With you 100%.

The operator of Sky Danker, witch forgot the Girl in the water is the same as the one with Wave Dancer that sunk in Belize and people get killed.

The company, Dancer Fleet, has one of the worst safety record is PADI certified and also operates here in Belize

With regards to the Dancer Fleet

The company has been recently aquired and is under new ownership and Peter Hughs no longer has any holdings in The Dancer Fleet anymore. It is now owned by the same people that own the Aggressor Fleet.

Gaz

Last edited by Gaz Cooper; 07/02/10 02:21 AM.
S
S

[/quote] I came across this today. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/184085/Scuba-girl-drowns-after-dive-crew-forgets-her [/quote]

You know, this story really underlines the importance of using a top notch scuba operation for your dives, no matter how experienced you are. The savings people think they're saving with going with less than the best isn't worth it.

I recently read something about every accident being made up of at least 3 bad decisions- This lady's first was her choice of dive operators, her second was diving when she was sick, and her third, the fatal one, was not sticking with her dive buddy. But choosing a good dive operation, as this story shows, could mean the difference between life and death.

Not to change the thread but it sounds from this story that this woman was sick under water, which I understood to mean that she might have been sick to her stomach. I always thought that if you have to vomit, just vomit right thru the regulator. Never take that regulator out of your mouth. The upside is that you will attract lots of fish. Is that correct all you dive masters out there?

That woman was diving in the Galapagos Islands.
Its a silly sensationalized news story and I can't see how it has much relevance to what goes on in this part of the world or what were talking about on this thread.
Diving is a safe sport and we have a good diving community.
Every profession has its dangerous idiots and jerks like the one Peter was pointing out, even real-estate.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Elbert, diving is safe when done safely with qualified professionals. IMO a diver's training to get certified is just as important, or more so, in a diver being able to dive safely.

That's really what my point was I guess. I'm a relative newbie to the sport, but that much I know.

If the JERKS are not named and shamed people will keep diving with them until someone DIES, no mater where you dive the Galapagos or Belize. These cowboys have to be stopped.

Tell Peter that , he's the only one that has anything to report!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I believe Peter said he is collecting the evidence he needs to make the report to PADI, but Marty or someone deleted that post. What's up with that anyhow?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.