Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
This Peddicord woman is the one that pedals this crap through "international living' with ridiculous stories about Panama, Uruguay and most any other place you can imagine.

Captain One Iron
L
L
LOL SS smile

I read this also, funny thing is I have been thinking about moving there for a while so it really through me off. What I am trying to find is what the actual average rent is for an average place there in SP. I have looked at some places, prior to this article, so I was wondering where in the heck they were living.

S
S
Average? What is that?
Range from US$35 per week to US$5,000 per week
Take your pick

E
E
Yer a big freaking help jesse, try to offer some ideas

JZB Offline
Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
JZB---they did say San Pedro at the end of the article.

I didn't see that. The article also says they go out to eat 3 or 4 times a week. ha ha! I do like the buzz this is giving the country though. Everyone's website is getting hit like crazy today!

S
S
I suppose if you want to live in a shanty shack in DFC or squat in San Mateo you could do it. If you are looking for running water / indoor plumbing (never mind air conditioner) you might be in for a shocker....

Retiring in Belize is relatively cheap for some

In the tourism world, Belize is well known as a small piece of paradise, with its beautiful cayes, Maya temples, diverse cultures, as well as exotic fauna and flora. We came across an article on Yahoo Finance, naming Belize as one of the top, most affordable places to retire comfortably. The article shares the story of a couple, Jason and Elizabeth Pearce, who moved to Belize from Canada three years ago. While Elizabeth's social security funds go to their savings, the Pearce's have since purchased land on one of the cayes and built a beautiful home using only Jason's social security income. Apart from affordability, the article highlights Belize's natural beauty which encompasses hundreds of bird, plant, tree species, a large number of protected areas, including the marine life inside the world's second largest barrier reef.

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/36933

Live and let live
D
D
Yes, San Pedro is mentioned here:

Retirees in Belize are finding many interesting and sometimes lucrative ways to fill their days. Lara Lennon moved to Belize from Philadelphia in 2006 and developed a luxury swimwear line, Lemon Crush Belize. "Sitting on a friend's porch in San Pedro chatting about this and that in our tropical lives, I realized something: There existed nowhere in Belize a place to shop for dress bathing suits, the kind glamorous enough for a beach wedding or special enough for a honeymoon," Lennon says.

Travel, Medical, Dental Insurance for those on the go.

www.medicaresupplement-insurance.com

yes, but it doesnt say the couple lived here, nor does it say the prices are in San Pedro. In actuality, the article is an excerpt from a book, and when it was sorta pasted together, they didnt transition that part.

Also, if you own your own home outright, a single person can retire on $1500 a month. You'll live frugally, but it's possible. I suppose the assumption of home ownership is incorporated?

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.