Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
G
G
You know even with the electric being high in the summer, I forget there are two of us, so we do live for a lot less than the States. As Lara points out about low taxes, golf cart vs car, eating local style food most of the time, and things have to be cooked from scratch; those things save a lot. If the house was paid, and our house in the States were sold, it would be quite cheap.

Keller- ha smile when i moved here, just like everyone else, i spent a TON of money on going out. First year for most people when they move here is a drunken haze laugh

Amazing how much money i save now that i dont really go out much

P
P
Hello Lara,

This is Will Moreno and its a pleasure to find you on here.
How have you been?

Platinum Real Estate
www.platinumrealestate.biz
"The Strength of Teamwork-Reputation for Results"
Hi Will smile

G
G
Ha...Lara
What is this? What does he want?

Must be looking for free advertising. After all if you want to say hi there is a pm button for that.

S
S
This post is for Dane, I am inquiring about the house you have built. M wife and I are planning to retire to AC and we are starting to plan for this now and one of the big decisions is wether to build a home or buy a condo. If you do not mind could you pm me with a way that I could contact you.

Thanks, Greg Hebert

T
T
There are three economies..period. Local. Gringo. Tourist. Tourists cannot manage the gringo way for long etc.. It is the for long part that trips up most folks. the Belizean oligarchs will share in your pecking order. You may move down a peg but rarely move up. If you plan to retire here well bring lots of money. Locals never really retire. Gringos die off pretty fast or move off faster, wiser, more patient and have left a ton of money behind. To be happy here you double down day one and cope. It can be done on $2,000 USD a month but that is relative comfort in a third world country. Come because you can afford to do so and are not trying to recreate 'home' on the cheap. Be a part of the community and if you et to really crossover you will be happy. Ex-pats are just that. Looking to have some fun and become part of a new community that is foreign to them and MAY take a lifetime to ever really understand.

G
G
Well, Timmy, I read your post...let it sit, read it again, now would like you to explain yourself, whichever Tim you are. First it sounds like you are drunk. Second it doesn't make sense. Third, try again if you have something say.

Gee I should be worried I guess, I understand Timmy's post.

Dare To Deviate
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.