Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Many of our returning jumpers read the Belize news online. I have been getting a few e-mails in recent weeks from folks not wanting to attend in February because of the current crime situation. They have become afraid to travel anywhere other than San Pedro.
I'm sure this will generate some more concerns.
This is one of the craziest things ever, burning down innocent folks lives.
I'm still a big Belize PR guy, but this crap makes it difficult to sell.

M
M
If Vince and Cherie need a place to stay on Ambergris, please have them PM me as I can provide that for them.

Amen Reaper. It's an uphill battle these days! This will be another big set back.

Following the arson attack on ACES which has completely demolished their home and facilities an account has been set up at Belize Bank to help provide financial support for Vince and Cherie during this period of crisis for them. Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so by making a deposit into AC # 630-1-1-10130 "Vince and Cherie Rose Fire Victim" account.

International wiring account number for donations
Belize Bank # 630-1-1-10130
Account# Vince & Cherie Rose Fire Victim Account

Last edited by collyk; 09/06/10 06:38 PM. Reason: to add international wiring info

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

This is NOT about anything that would affect a tourist - terrible to be sure, but not about that.
If somebody is afraid of this they might as well not eat at McDonalds due to somebody getting shot at one a few years back.

This is about insanity, not street crime.

I disagree about the tourism, but agree about the insanity.

S
S
Dianne: You would send tourists to Punta Gorda area now????

T
T
The reason my wife and I chose to live on Ambergris Caye was because of the feel and vibe of the island as well as its eclectic mix of weird people. Crime is always in our minds as it is everywhere on this planet. This is not the type of crime that keeps people away it is the type of crime that makes people say what the hell were they thinking! I have never been to Punta Gorda and these events do not make me not want to go there. They do however reinforce my desire to live here on Ambergris Caye as opposed to any other place in this country. I still love Belize but every once and a while I reminded that this is not paradise and idiots live everywhere.

This is the best place I can be right now!

S
S
"This is NOT about anything that would affect a tourist"

Unfortunately in most of the world's eye this (stupid stupid) event did NOT take place in "Toledo..." It took place in "BELIZE." Thus, it really DOES have an impact outside the horrendous ordeal Vince/Cheri/small town down south are going through right now.

How many views do you think the Facebook threads on this have received in the last 24 hours??? How many times do you think those links were "shared" and "shared" again... Without question, thousands and thousands of people sat at their computer screens today and read how a bunch of lynch mod idiots burned down the house/workplace/vehicles of a couple of scientists working in Belize. Maybe we'll be lucky and have a spectacularly brutal murder spree in Belize City or an oil spill in Cayo which will draw the attention away from lynch mob arson.

T
T
I hear what you are saying Jeff and you may be right. I just don't think this kind of thing would have any bearing on what I would do. I can only speak for myself. The point of my post was to show that there is a clear difference between Ambergris Caye and every other place in Belize.

Even if there is a negative impact from this mess I think it may be worth while. Like taking a step back to jump further forward.

One question for you all: Do you feel safer on Ambergris Caye today then 6 months ago?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.