Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
C
C
I agree with Sonlover. I know that there are two sides to a story and the truth is somewhere in between. But after being so thrilled with our T?S purchase and then for a year and a half reading distressing reviews and comments about how poor the service, quality of condos, lack of response etc etc... all this news makes it hard to keep a positive attitude about Reef Village and what we saw when we stayed as guests when we bought our time shares.

Can you deny there is so much being told as untrue by so many different people on a global travel forum? Is that part of the reason for the EC, to establish some order and professionalism to the resort?

At any rate, I hope it all works out for the best and the resort is completed and realizes it's potential.

When the power of love replaces the love of power, we will have peace on earth - Jimi Hendrix
Well said by Sonlover and Charleswoodboy.

If RV is truly interested in establishing credibility to RV, they will work to honor the commitment by those of us TS Owners who helped to support RV during those earlier years, both financially and in spirit. Although TSO have no tangible property of which to claim, TS Owners can work together to bring respect to RV. Without this support, RV will have a difficult time bringing peace to the process and will forever have disgruntled TSO's, nor will they build solid reputation.

Hopefully, we can all work together to exemplify the spirit of San Pedro and RV. I would hope anyone would be proud to live AND play in a community that supports one another.

If I understand the issues involved here, as explained by the Chairman of the RV Executive Committee, the titled owners represented by the EC have no involvement or control over the time share operation. People who purchased time shares need to address their concerns to whoever they contracted with. Titled ownership at RV and time share purchases are two completely separate issues.
Granted, the developer appears to be involved in both endeavors, but the time share purchasers should not expect the EC or titled owners to resolve their issues.

S
OP Offline
S
To Bywarren, I have talked to Ana Cruz, JD, Grand Crowne and have written to Jeff Pierce about our issue and at this point nothing has been resolved. Could you suggest someone whom we all can talk to and get the correct information about RV's future for TS owners. I have had issues with RV from a month after purchase(2008) and still have to date! I hope and pray this will all work out for owners and TS owners!

I would think you need to speak with whoever you contracted with. What does your contract say as to who or what entity signed?
And if that is getting you nowhere, then you probably need to contact an attorney.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/02/11 09:22 PM.
C
C
Ummm, we're contracted to Reef Village, same as the owners. It's the same group. They're affiliated with Interval International, but bitching to them will only get Reef kicked off their TS exchange.
sonlover's gotten way more response than I have. And I've been emailing for almost a year. I never even got my Interval membership processed until I shamed them on their FB page by asking outright if I was scammed. They removed my post (which I re-posted repeatedly until they actually emailed me. What a surprise, my II membership info was sent right away,. This was my first inkling to the thought that maybe I was dealing with some bsiness people who may not be entirely on the up and up...

At least there's a way for any of us TS owners to have a way to share info.
To a degree I agree with the EC guy, this is no place to sit and bitch and be all negative. But working this out involves sharing our frustrations as well. Part of the process...

Just checked my agreement, contract is with Reef Village Vacation Club. Is that not the same as the condo owners?

When the power of love replaces the love of power, we will have peace on earth - Jimi Hendrix
OK, I will preface my remarks by saying I am no expert on the law, and I doubt anyone else is on this message board. But it is my understanding that the titled owners thru the Strata Title Act are completely separate from the time share entity, whatever that is. Again, it sure sounds like you need advice from an attorney.

B
B
Hi, those that know me will catch my play on name. I have followed this message board for a few years, it is now time to step up and make my first posting. I am an owner of RV and have been involved with working to "right the ship". The owners have also been very frustrated with the developer, and we formed Reef Village Owners Group (RVOG)to collectively deal (battle) with the developer. With a great deal of effort the owners have just formed the HOC, we are currently working with Lands Registry to have titles released to owners where possible and we are working to ensuring that those that purchased units at RV see their dream realized. It makes no sense to battle the owners who now control the maintainence of the development and will be working diligently to improve their (and your) investment. In all my reading, I have never seen anyone tell TS owners as it is which is the owners have nothing to do with TS. We have been dealing with our own concerns as we have in most cases, 10-20 times the investment you do. You should collectively get together as RVOG has done, and formulate a plan to protect your investment. Although I am not on the new RV Executive, based on what I know, I believe that the HOC will support and assist your group where possible. Good luck.

C
C
Thanks for that. I appreciate the thoughts.
And just for the record, I don't think the owners are responsible for anything or hold condo owners liable in conscience or deed. I don't think the relationship between condo owners and time share owners should be divisive.
We all love the same place and want to spend some time there when we get a chance to unwind..
I wish the owners group all the luck in the world. A professionally run and operated resort is beneficial to all who stay there, whatever the investment level. Even as a resort, the 1 time vacationers come out ahead as well.

D
D
Hi all,
Just an update and a clarificatiion. I am an owner at Reef Village and would like to clarify some things that Bill Nitchman the chairman for the new HOC claimed. He is correct that there is a new homeowners corporation in place to run the resort. What he is not telling you is that the reason this came about is because the owners came together to force a showdown with Jeff Pierce. He is also not telling you that he is a staunch supporter of Mr. Pierce and is working to try and keep him in power. He is also not telling you that the "few disgruntled" owners represent nearly 80% of the units and that well over 50% of the owners have signed on to a class action lawsuit against Jeff Pierce and his developement company RVEL. Just to clarify his statement of no power shutdown "THE POWER WAS SHUTDOWN FOR SEVERAL HOURS DUE TO NON PAYMENT" by Mr. Pierce. He is also behind in water and cable payments.

For the timeshare owners, THERE ARE NO TIMESHARE UNITS. Mr. Pierce rents some units from owners to house the time share owners. He has in the past put timeshare owners into owners units without their knowledge or consent and they were never given compensation. I would suggest that the timeshare owners start banding together and find legal representation because their will be few if any units to house timeshare owners in the foreseeable future. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is the reality of situation as it is today.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.