Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
S
S
I heard the construction workers have been laid off for 6 weeks at Reef Village. Anyone else heard this?

S
OP Offline
S
I'm a timeshare owner, so my interest is mainly with them. Earlier on the board an owner at RV mentioned a class action suit, just wondering if that has been put into gear. Haven't heard anything about TS owners taking any action.

Time share owners filing a class action suit in belize
have two chances of winning slim and none
JMHO.

Last edited by captjeff; 06/26/11 09:31 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
B
B
Following up with Captjeff's thoughts, I'd try to make my case in the U.S. courts if I was going to do it. May or may not be enough grounds for personal jurisdiction, but I'd say there's a better (if still slim) chance of recourse.

S
S
Selling and not building the timeshare units is a clear case of fraud.
Getting money in a victorius class action suit against him, is a clear case of impossible. mad

P
P
Be careful with the Ambergris Daily - they are not known to be a reliable source. Not sure who he/she is but I've found many, many tidbits of information on their site that has been very wrong or, at least, not telling the whole story. He/she is also heavily biased against developemt on the island. Not trying to sway anyone away from them, but just keep the source in perspective. Seems like they promote what they like and bad mouth what they don't.
Full disclosure: I'm not a reef village owner and do not own property in San Pedro. Nor do I work for, or have any connection to the project. I just enjoy the area, people, and culture and like to stay up on current events. I've been to the island 8 times in the past year.

P
P
Be careful with the Ambergris Daily - they are not known to be a reliable source. Not sure who he/she is but I've found many, many tidbits of information on their site that has been very wrong or, at least, not telling the whole story. He/she is also heavily biased against developemt on the island. Not trying to sway anyone away from them, but just keep the source in perspective. Seems like they promote what they like and bad mouth what they don't.
Full disclosure: I'm not a reef village owner and do not own property in San Pedro. Nor do I work for, or have any connection to the project. I just enjoy the area, people, and culture and like to stay up on current events. I've been to the island 8 times in the past year.

S
OP Offline
S
Just curious why you should care what has been posted on the message board from anyone's perspective from the goings on at RV? We are TS owners from all over the country and are concerned about the furture of RV and our investment. I don't rely on much info from any newspaper writings, but factual information that has especially effected me! I can say for myself, I have been ripped off by RV!

Well, I just registered myself for this forum. My husband and I are TS owners at RV. We have had lots of concerns and questions with no answers and it is next to impossible to get ahold of anyone. Now, I do have to say, we used our first week and it was fine. Had a nice condo, got the free golf cart, just as promised. But trying to set it up was a nightmare. Nobody would ever get back to us. We had to hound them daily just to get confirmation. Our payments are automatically withdrawn, and one month they took out 2 payments. It took forever to get that straightened out. When we were there, several people we interacted with that live there told us about problems with RV. Then of course all the stuff on Trip Advisor. I think the lack of communication from anyone at RV is the biggest red flag. We contacted our attorney, but for now, he advised that we stop all further payments (we have 3 left)until there is some sort of concrete evidence of stability. Not sure yet what the next step will be. There is nothing we would like more than for this to have a positive outcome, but nobody is getting another penny from us without some real changes.

R
R
Regarding what that liar CaptJeff said is crap, he has no shame in coming here and talking about the suit instead of trying to help out the timeshare owners and owners with the problems at reef village. The reason for it all going wrong is his fault and the reason for timeshare emails not getting answered is his damn fault! he keeps ignoring everybody on purpose cause he has taken their money and now doesnt want to keep his end on the deal... if you have any questions regarding reef village just ask me and i will let you know. One more thing he just fired everybody at reef village so i wonder if anyone is keeping and eye on him before he disappears and everyong gets swcrewed over...

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 86 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.