Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Be on the safe side....I recommend renewing before you go....It would be unfortunate to make your first leg of your trip and then when boarding at the international leg you are denied; then stuck in an airport you are not familiar with.....I have seen people denied in Houston to Belize at least a dozen times on Continental. They require the 6 months verification before boarding....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
A
A
This was no doubt a typical example of a Fed employee who wasn't given enough attention as a child.
These people seek jobs that come with badges.
Many of these misfits, the TSA is full of them.
Screening for these mentally inadequate types should be thorough.

Last edited by artisan; 07/05/11 02:26 PM.
I'd still go for it (but that is just me). The OP states he/she is arriving before the six month period (if that even matters, as the subject of many debates in the past) and he/she is leaving exactly on the 6 month window. Getting stuck in a US airport on the way down? Ernie is more likely to be elected president.

Getting held up on the return?Two points:
1)That is about as likely as Jesse being elected Exec Dir of UPI or AP
2)I'd love to be able to call my staff and tell them I could not come home smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
A
BTW, according to your post, your passport is good till next year!
With your arrival and departure plans, you have 6 months to go to Belmopan and renew, IMHO, this is pretty much a non-issue.

A
A
BTW, this sounds a bit over the top?

.I have seen people denied in Houston to Belize at least a dozen times on Continental. They require the 6 months verification before boarding....

A dozen times? Are you an airline employee?
Who requires 6 months verification, and for what?
Been traveling to Central, South America for 40 years, never heard anything like this?
You are recommending someone renew a perfectly good passport over 6 months before it expires?

E
E
Get with the flow artisan. It is a Belize policy that Cont enforces. I have traveled the world, each country has its own program. Why push your luck ?

S
S
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1055.html#entry_requirements

http://www.belizehighcommission.com/visas.htm

But...BTB says 3 months: http://www.travelbelize.org/index.p...amp;id=427&Itemid=533&Ytemid=536

I'm still not understanding why a person coming to Belize for a week would to go to Belmopan to renew their visa.

A
A
Why push your luck?
What has luck got to do with it, she has a good passport, have you priced renewing one lately?

A
A
My mistake on the trip, I though she was coming for 6 months.
Now I definitely wouldn't worry about it, she'll be gone way before the passport becomes an issue.
The 29 day visa was never mentioned by me?

OP Offline
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I have decided not to risk sending my passport for renewal. Even though expedited processing supposedly takes 2-3 weeks, I am enough of a skeptic not to believe it and the expiration date is exactly 6 months from my departure from Belize. I certainly won't get there without a passport. We'll see what happens on August 7.

Brenda from East Tennessee
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.