Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
S
S
Just got this today, did anyone else?
Mike Maynard is no longer there. Neither is Ronnie so I suppose we can only surmise neither is the person that wrote this because he knows of units that no one else does.
Nice touch about the golf carts though. Also about them setting up a homeowners association. I think the homeowners wrestled it off you if my information is correct.
I wasnt quite sure about the running water and electricity though. Were they talking about the resort?
Nice try guys.

Subject: RVVC Update
To: "Ronnie" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, July 11, 2011, 2:30 PM

Dear Timeshare Owner,

We wanted to send an update to all of our owners.

Lobster Fest was a big hit last weekend. The food was great. Our Summer schedule of activities is as follows: Karaoke on Mondays, Dive in movie on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Wine & Dine by the pool, 2 for 1 vino on Wednesdays.

There is always the Palapa/Grill Area for owners to use and have parties. This is complete with running water and electricity.

Tours and activities such as fishing, diving and snorkeling can be arranged prior to or upon your arrival.

An update on construction: we have completed units to cover all of our timeshare owners and we are currently building four more units for expansion.

There have been rumors about availability for reservations and the viability of Reef Village. We have set up a Home Owners Association to handle the maintenance of the condo units. This will not affect the Vacation Club/Timeshare Owners units.

We are expecting a strong season.

Concerning the golf cart promotion, it is over now. We did not have as much response as we expected. We are shopping for the accurate revised quantity and should have them by the start of the high season.

Regards and looking forward to seeing you.

Reef Village Vacation Club

B
B
This is total crap!!! I was there last week, construction is 100% closed down and nothing of significance in the way of construction has been done for the past 6 months, all but a few (and I mean a few)support staff remain and the resort/construction owes many suppliers and workers mucho, mucho deniro. On a positive note, the owners are supportive of the new HOA as in excess of 90% of the homeowners have paid their May condo fees with Jim O. providing countless hours working with said suppliers and doing an outstanding job with the maintenance which as reported, is now being handled by the HOA. I personally talked with a few of the HOA employees and they are extremely happy with the new arrangement. Their equipment has been upgraded and they are excited and take great pride in actually doing proactive maintenance such as painting and servicing the exterior A/C units.

TS owners be reminded that the HOA or RV owners have never been party to RVVC and I would be surprised if there was a central list of owners that could be openly accessed.

IMHO, someone needs to step up and form a group similar to RVOG, set up a website which can become a focal point of those affected by TS. Then, work together and aggressively solicit RVVC and BTB with the dissatisfaction you are experiencing. Will this solve your problems? Probably not...but maybe it can assist in making this situation somewhat better, making someone accountable and assist in ensuring this does not continue to happen in the future.

"Just saying"

R
R
Hello this letter that was sent out is a lie!!! Jeff owes everyone and is not paying any utilities, he has to get threatened of getting shut down of utilities so he would send a something so it doesnt happen. He has fired all the construction workers and has not even paid them for their work. If anyone is able to get a hold of him dont let him lie to you stand up to him and let him know it. He got one guy to work with him and supposedly he will take over everything Timeshare, bar, restaurnat and Rental pool but he does not know nothing and if anyone checked his back ground all the places he has worked they have fired him because of steeling so Jeff isnt fixing up nothing but looking for someone to put his face infront of people and lie to them cause Jeff is not man enought to show his face!!!

Well just wondering if anyone else with a TS at Reef Village was contacted in Feb or March about a "deal" regarding maintence fees. We were told if we pay an extra maintence fee, the money would be used to replenish the golf-cart inventory and that by doing this, our maintence fees would be reduced by half for the next ten years. Well, we sent the extra maintence fee. OK, I am wondering where this came from. I promise I am not making accusations here, I am just trying to figure out what happened. I know the homeowners had to come up with a lot of cash to pay bills. Is it possible that is where that money went. Like I said, I am not accusing anybody of anything, I just want to know where my money went.

B
B
Sandy123...the implication that funds have been diverted to owners is outrageous and totally without merit! Owners have had nothing at all to do with TS and I know 100% that owners have never benefitted directly with funding raised by ts fees, but your fees were most likely used for resort operations and to satisfy loan payments to numerous suppliers. The HOA actually raised necessary additional funds by way of a small assessment which almost all owners have agreed to.

I am aware of the cart ploy, the carts that were purchased are junk and are already out of order, I understand that newer carts were reposessed last week for non payment.

Sorry. Really. It is just a thought that crossed my mind. Almost didn't post it and probably shouldn't have. The last thing I want is to offend anyone or make false accusations. We have all been through hell over this.

Received this email as well. I was in SanPedro during lobsterest and RV looked like a ghost town. A few people with most entrances closed off with one entry point. A sign for the Palms but when I drove in, no one around. Bar was empty. You could tell there were a few home owners occupying units, but for the most part patio furniture put aside and windows closed up. Same buildings they were working on prior, were in same condition. No progress Not the activity i had seen two years prior Not sure what to think. Worries me as a timeshare owner.

B
B
Hi all...just wanted to encourage you to keep posting, keeps it at the front of the blogs for more TS to see and get involved....Communication is the key to begin resolving all your issues. I would also encourage you to seek information at BTB (Belize Tourism Board)as well as make your complaints known to them. They issue licenses and help with asserting pressure. I am an owner at RV and wish you all good luck.

well I just saw on Facebook that Reef Village is advertising new management, new bar/restaurant name, new bartender, etc.... Haven't heard anything for awhile. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently or has heard anything??

My understanding is that JP has leased the rest. and bar to the person who had the "Hummingbird Pub" in town. Apparently, there is to be expected loud music, a lot of locals (that's not a bad thing) and more of a party atmosphere. I hope they remember that this is a residential area, not a party area, and keep it under control! It would be a shame to have it add to an already stressful situation there.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.