Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Dosing unsuspecting people with drugs or beer or whatever is not a nice thing to do. School is for studying and learning - activities which are not enhanced by being high on THC.

S
S
Am I missing something? Where are people getting the "unsuspected dosing" part?

"He claimed that he was having the brownie as breakfast. However as he was eating, students gathered around and asked him to share. This he did. He further claimed that some of the students knew exactly what he was eating, but they insisted and he complied."

If some kids knew they ALL knew... HS students are not stupid. Heck, at least the kid's not selfish.

...and how do you "dose" somebody with beer???

"I'm gonna slip some beer into your, uh... beer and hope you don't notice." Bowen & Bowen just delivered here... 'wish someone had dosed our order with an extra case or two.

Again, whoever reading this thread/posting comments has never tried pot, please raise your hand.

Funny how we've changed since High School.
Don't know how it was in Detroit in the 60's but in Memphis school was Sex, Drugs and Rock'N'Roll!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
i was that poster boy!

and i tend to agree,,, i bet they ALL knew those were special brownies.

Geeze folks - take a toke and relax.

S
S
I was at Cholo's the other day... after drinking 4 or 5 bottles of a cold beverage, I suspected that somebody might have put beer in the bottles... but I was not sure so I kept drinking. After another 3 or 4 my suspicions grew but I could still not quite be sure??? I asked the people around me "is there BEER in here" but I did not get a conclusive answer so much as laughter and slurred replies. Waking up the next morning, I had a bit of a headache. I DEFINITELY now think that is was beer.

Sorry SF Jeff,I actually did have more info than you in regards to the incident at school.

There were kids that did not know that they were eating hash brownies. Since they aren't in the habit of ingesting illegal substances they were unaware until the drugs took effect.

Yes, when you went to a bar, order a beer, receive the beer and ingest it you actually knew what you were doing and knew the consequences of your actions. You are an adult. I should hope you have that much sense at your age.

Children still need guidance and protection.

I went to high school here and it was not all about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll - that is an American thing.

I didn't say that the kids were stupid. They did not know that their class mate was handing out drugged food. It used to be common place for cookies or cupcakes and brownies to be sent to school and shared. In the US it is a practice that is no longer allowed - because people spiked the food and thought it was funny.

I realize many folks that haven't raised kids may not entirely see the gravity of trying to raise good kids in an environment of sex, drugs and rock n roll - which is typical island living here - but some of us have kids and would like to give them a fighting chance at getting an education and getting off the island and checking out the world before they decide to drop out of the oppressed first world society and turn into beach bums.

Yes, I may be a little uptight - but I am a parent and these MY kids and my friends kids that we are trying to raise well despite the glaringly obvious obstacles of adults that have opinions on how to raise kids that are not their family members.

For those of you that enjoy a toke, as Diane said, go and enjoy it. But don't try to force me to ingest your fumes.

Originally Posted by SFJeff
Absolutely, I stand corrected, just horrible, horrible, not funny at ALL...

I mean none of us EVER snuck a drink or smoked some pot in high school did we???

Not to mention, I hear pot's a gateway drug, and lord knows that if you (folks commenting) HAD imbibed, the ramifications would be long term and far reaching and you would probably just be criminals or addicts by now, would't you???

Geez...

Should it be condoned and encouraged? Probably not.

Is it 'funny'... you bet.

Expelling the kid would be, in a word, stupid. Put him to work for god's sake. Make him paint the freakin high school building, have him pick up litter for a month, don't kick him out of school.

How about some perspective and common sense.

Just a quick note - I NEVER snuck booze or drugs into high school when I was a kid. But of course I graduated high school and was working full time when I was 15. I imagine those that exult the ideology that high school is about partying probably spent a few more years in high school than I did.

Quick note - my question was what should the punishment be? Expulsion is definitely an option, detention, cleaning up litter etc is on the table. We don't have classes on how to be a responsible contributing member of society - and I don't think there would be any suitable mentors to be found around here - crazy

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.