Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Originally Posted by SFJeff
How about if, rather than a clock, Ramon's donates another say twenty or thirty 4'X6' jumbo-tron displays for the SPTC to lay across all the rusted out spots in the bridge?

This would certainly be better than the planned "laying plywood across it" for the next 3-4 months until the proper materials for repairs arrives.

I second that emotion! [Linked Image]

P
P
It is inconceivable that Richard Headrick doesn't know what will happen with his money (we know he is fully aware of the controversy and knows how ridiculous the present location of this edifice is regarded). How does he reconcile his willing complicity in blatant corruption with his newly discovered "Christian" ethics?

T
t42 Offline
T
Similar in Belize City and Placencia in BC they tore down a perfectly nice roundabout to put up another from private sponsor. Why not privately sponsor something else like drainage or road repair heck we can make a monument in your honour??And in Placencia they want to replace a perfectly acceptable boardwalk with another why not just extend the existing one I mean come on it has been perfectly fine up til now.

Hey Boarders - IMHO this has gotten way past ugly - if you are going to call ANYBODY a bad guy then IMHO you should have the backbone to say who you are.

I'm asking Marty publicly to take down every single smear comment that is not signed by the real person making the allegation.

As for members of the Town Board - I'd like to big up Severo and Nano, without whom we'd still be up to our necks in trash north of the bridge. An area, mind you, that is full of gringos and part-timers who don't vote. They picked up trash with their own hands --- much of it from rich-gringo dump-sites.

And PS ----- I think I'm retiring from this forum for a while. It's far too nice outside (with or without a clock tower and a few potholes).
Enjoy the day.

bill taylor
maya beach

and i stand by everything i say. almost.

P
P
I wrote to Richard Headrick under my own name telling him what I have posted here.

It's really amazing.... a few points I'd like to make.

1 How many of these "non voting gringos" actually employ local people?
2 isn't the electoral register public? it would be a huge undertaking but calling out and finding 1500 registered voters to petition the mayor would work?
3 if every person who turned up at the demo could get four registered voters to find 3 others to petition that's more than 1500. Translate the "facebook elite" into paper petition.

Anna Williams

G
G
That was what I wanted to imply! LOL! Mr Barnacle, that's why I wouldn't put it past anybody, incl your hero in Placencia, not to be bought!

Last edited by GwenA; 11/02/11 12:17 PM. Reason: Clarify, because out of sequence.
i never said he was MY hero,,,
he does seem to care and have the community first.
but he is young,,,,,

G
G
No problema, Mr Barnacle, because you did admit to who and what could be bought! With regard to Sr. Severro (who I've technically spent days with, fishing and talking about what goes on, for 15 years) and Sr. Nano (who I've only chatted with by phone to fix something, that he promptly fixed it); they really are the Good Guys, and should have white Cowboy Hats! I'm betting they are very chagrinned!

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.