Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
P
P
Originally Posted by Marty
Most local folks love the clock

I find that very hard to believe. All the locals I've spoken to are against it as implemented. They are however "punch drunk" and expect officialdom to do whatever it wants to, regardless of sense or public opinion. If you were to say "most locals welcome the idea of a town clock" then you might well be right. People I have spoken to have no objection in principle to a clock; It is the location they find weird.

T
T
The idea of a show piece to represent San Pedro is a great idea but doing it as a 21 foot tower made of concrete with zero architectural or design significance and not even bothering to put the words San Pedro, Belize on it is simply short sighted. If they had asked for ideas and possibly even spoken to local artists about some ideas this could be something very nice which might have reflected the personality and image of this island and this town.

The structure they are building is designed (and I use the term loosely) around a screen with a clock stuffed on it.

It should be stopped now, then we should get input on the design from the community, then we can complete the project. If headrick's letter is true he is not concerned if it has screens on it or not so he will still pay for it. NO ADVERTISING SIMPLY ART AND A CLOCK! How about a giant lobster, or a fisherman, whatever.

Last edited by TravelinMan1; 11/02/11 05:15 PM.
P
P
Agreed. San Pedro has some notable artists who could be enrolled to create something the town could be proud of. But in the Park, not the street.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
everyone has ideas, but the decisions were made by the people entrusted to make these decisions by the citizens of San Pedro. More than likely they discussed various alternatives.

B
B
San Pedro and Ambergris Caye has the distinction of having more billboards than the entire states of Vermont, Maine, Hawaii and Alaska combined. 90% of them for/from Mr. Headricks.
I find that mind boggling.

S
S
Billboards are outlawed in Hawaii...as they should be in Belize!

Originally Posted by belizeonthebeach
San Pedro and Ambergris Caye has the distinction of having more billboards than the entire states of Vermont, Maine, Hawaii and Alaska combined. 90% of them for/from Mr. Headricks.
I find that mind boggling.

I find it mind boggling that we have more Hardware stores here than in the entire country of Iceland.. But what is the point?????? This is not Iceland or the USA.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
S
S
Originally Posted by SP Daily
Billboards are outlawed in Hawaii...as they should be in Belize!

Then what would you do with the people that feed their families by painting signs?

S
S
Originally Posted by PROBUS
I have read that this was the Mayor acting alone, and other Councillors weren't even informed, let along consulted. Of course, this could be a scurrilous lie.

All councillors were involved in this project. Stop trying to make this out to be more than it is. It is a project for the town donated by a business man. If you dont like the project write a letter, it will make no difference but you would have shown your dissaproval of the project.

A large number of Locals like the clock project, but not the neon signs.

P
P
Originally Posted by Mcplus
All councillors were involved in this project

How do you know that? The assertion that it was just the Mayor was from an apparently reliable source, though I can't think where it was.

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.