Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Turnbun - We only had one roll of film, plus the digitals.
We're having them processed here professionally. No particular reason just a choice. I would say, if you're having a lot of people go down for your wedding, you would probably want more because you'll obviously be taking more pix(with your Mom, bridesmaids, the reception, etc.) For us, it was just the two of us, and after the ceremony we had to brainstorm with Kay on where to take the remaining photos.
We got married about 5:30, maybe later, it took longer to get dressed than we thought it would. 5:30 was perfect, unless you're in bathing suits, it's really too hot any earlier - even with the breeze, and you'll get all those great silhouettes.

B
OP Offline
B
Big Tip - RELAX on the BIG day!!!
To me, our wedding day was perfect - manicure, 60 min swedish massage, then pina coladas until we walked down the aisle.
I realized at the end of the day how great "running away" was. Iraida, Rosita and Kay took care of everything. Even with their help it would have been so easy to freak - What will the flowers look like, will it rain, will this happen, etc. Instead, I decided it didn't matter, I was getting married no matter what happened that we didn't plan, and that was all that mattered.
In the end, it did rain, and our "romantic beach dinner" was cancelled and we ran inside. It would have been so easy to get disappointed, but instead, we enjoyed a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in our wedding finery, and when the storm passed we opened another bottle and enjoyed dinner on our veranda.
So my biggest tip is : Don't worry. I had planned since November to get married on the dock with seashells lined up, One hour before the ceremnoy, I looked out my window and saw the beach, and changed my mind. The guy I talked to about changing it said "No problem, ma'am", and changed it.
So don't sweat the small stuff, it's all "No problem". No matter what, you'll still be married...with NINE adopted kids! LOL!!!

[This message has been edited by BillandJeanne (edited 07-23-2001).]

Bill&Jeanne-your pics are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing them and the commentary on your day. It sounds absolutely wonderful, and I wish you both the best of luck. Makes me want to run off & get married on AC! Maybe someday... Best to you!

T
T
Good advice, I think I'll try to take it! We will have about 20 people there with us. The day of the wedding, the guys are going fishing and the girls are staying at the hotel for massages, manicures, pedicures, and a champagne lunch, so I think it'll be fairly easy to stay relaxed. I was in a wedding this weekend, and the bride was so calm, it gave me inspiration! It's amazing that I really haven't worried too much about the weather. So long as we have fun and are married, that's all that mattters!
As far as the legal stuff, I know a Central American marriage is supposed to be recognized in the USA, but did you go ahead and get an American license or file your Belize license???
How was the ceremony? I think we are using the same minister.

B
OP Offline
B
I'll be honest, I haven't done anything. I haven't even changed my name yet. If they won't accept it, I'll worry about it then. A license in La. is only $25.

Rev. Cloud did our ceremny. He's really great, and...DO the Rose ceremony. It was beautiful and sweet.

N
N
Turnburn,
If you take your marriage license to court records they can file it. That's what we did. Now, if we ever need certified copies, we don't have to struggle with contacting the Belize government. I didn't have any problems with changing my name using my marriage license from Belize. I did social security, drivers license, and health insurance without any problems.

T
T
Thanks for the info! I'll make sure to file the license when we get back.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.