Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by BeBelize
I wonder if the cart rental companies will refund money of folks who have rented carts that will now be stranded up north? What if their trip ends before the bridge re-opens and they can't return the cart?

That's an angle I hadn't considered...nor had the town board, obviously.

Exactly, We have 2 carts at our place up north right now, I don't expect we will get a refund (Not Cholo's fault after all). Thanks Ms.(inconsiderate)Mayor

We are just regular gringo's who would be spending lots of $$$$$$ in town but with the bridge closed I will have to keep our $$$$$$$ and take it back to the states and spend it there instead.

JAY OMG .STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES
I GUESS SHE CARES NOT .SHE HAS PLENTY NOW I GUESS .JMHO.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER LOCAL PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE BUTS OFF??
AND WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO FEED THERE FAMILIES
BUT I ONLY OWN A PLACE THERE ,AND HAVE NO SAY AS IT IS NOT MY COUNTRY.I CARE BUT WHO AM I .A GRINGO AND LOCAL WANT TO BE????LOL.
BUT I AM THINKING LOTS ON WHATS GOING ON HERE.AND NOT FEELING GOOD AT WHAT I SEE RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by captjeff; 11/22/11 10:14 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I'm with the town council on this one. I got stopped at the bridge heading south and was told it was closed. My wife got out and walked to town, I drove back home, if I need to get to town I can take the boat. Big deal. Let's get the new road ready for Christmas.

The pathetic whining going on here is way out of proportion to the inconvenience being "suffered." Is the garbage being posted here REALLY representative of the people of Ambergris Caye who worked so hard to get the island back on its feet after it was devastated by Hurricane Keith in 2000? Now THAT was an inconvenience.

Furthermore, no one should be using this as an excuse to lay off employees without pay. I refer to the whining, moaning letter on the first post in this thread. I'm embarrassed to think that potential tourists reading this message board would actually imagine that the majority of people living on Isla Bonita are like that. This is something we can all work around and that will (or ought to) be forgotten in a week.

Last edited by Chris; 11/22/11 11:23 AM.
Chris... [Linked Image]

Closing the bridge to golf carts is just plain stuipd, the construction could still go on closing one side at a time allowing traffic to pass. or get the barge back into operation.

The town council should pay the construction company any additional costs for the "extra" expences incured do to the town's inability to realise that this would happen, especally during the beginning of high season. mad

S
S
And what about those of us trying to run businesses? With a little notice we could have planned accordingly, but last evening the bridge workers told us it would not be closed. This is not a Hurricane, but is certainly a "lack of planning" disaster......

Hey 2MILESNORTHOFCUT,

I have guests coming today that need a cart for 3 days - for use on the north island only . Are you not going to be using yours for the remainder of the week? If so, do you think Cholos would transfer the rental to us?

Tanya Graf
Cocotal Inn and Cabanas

Originally Posted by Chris
I'm with the town council on this one. I got stopped at the bridge heading south and was told it was closed. My wife got out and walked to town, I drove back home, if I need to get to town I can take the boat. Big deal. Let's get the new road ready for Christmas.

The pathetic whining going on here is way out of proportion to the inconvenience being "suffered." Is the garbage being posted here REALLY representative of the people of Ambergris Caye who worked so hard to get the island back on its feet after it was devastated by Hurricane Keith in 2000? Now THAT was an inconvenience.

Furthermore, no one should be using this as an excuse to lay off employees without pay. I refer to the whining, moaning letter on the first post in this thread. I'm embarrassed to think that potential tourists reading this message board would actually imagine that the majority of people living on Isla Bonita are like that. This is something we can all work around and that will (or ought to) be forgotten in a week.

Well said. I agree. It is about time these people stopped whining at everything to do with the NORTH!. The road needs to be finished, the ferry service is a great way to travel North or South, a while ago the same people up North were comlaining about the amount of traffic crossing the bridge. well now there's none. laugh
Like was said just work around it, it is not like the north is totally cut off. The road needs to be finished, let them do the work, you will all be happy when the road is no longer a mud pit.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
Whinning? How about asking for some reasonable consideration?
Do you see that the notice came out AFTER the offices were closed for the day?
Not giving people enough time to doing their shopping in preperation for a holiday is like a slap in the face. YES, I understand it is not a holiday for Belizean's but the influx of tourists for this holiday fills the cash drawers for many Belizeans.
The word RESPECT comes to mind.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I
I
I will probably have a few golf carts out in the north this week.
If someone is looking for one to rent, please let me know and we will see if we can work something out.
Send me a PM please.
Thank you very much !

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.