Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Riding our bikes into town this morning (our only vehicles here), we saw plenty of people making do just fine. There were many carts parked north of the bridge, and folks were walking over the bridge, doing their shopping, and walking back to their carts. Some had wheelbarrows. I didn't see anyone screaming or whining, just a lot of smiling faces. I know some people have physical disabilities that prevent them from doing this, but 99% of people do not. Most people could use the exercise! Before our bikes arrived from the US, we walked to town from 2 mi. north nearly every day and carried groceries back in backpacks. The current situation may not be ideal, but it's only temporary.

The town council has now announced that the bridge will re-open on Thursday. Construction was moving along quickly, so perhaps it will even re-open sooner than that.

It was nice having fewer carts driving around town this morning, I must say! grin

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Tincup (Tayna) It looks like Islandfrog can help you with the carts you need.

I don't think Cholo's likes to rent their carts to anyone staying any further north than Gran Caribe (They told me that just yesterday)

I live just north of Gran Caribe and have rented from them for many years so they make an exception as we take good care of their carts in out posession

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.